Sending 5-10kg parcel (shoe box size) by air from Aus to UK

Sammy_hx

Hey guys,

It's my sisters 30th birthday so I wanted to do her a box of some Aussie goodies (choc, souvenirs etc.), few things I need help with..

1 - Does anybody know any realiable but cheap courier companies?

2 - Does anybody know if I can send chocolate to the UK and if so, is there a way to stop it all melting together?

Any help would be amazing!!

If it's just a shoe box size, your only option really is Australia Post.  Anything else is going to cost more.

The chocolates might make it or they might not, but bear in mind that a lot of people think Australian chocolate doesn't taste as good as British chocolate so she might not thank you!

I never post presents back to the UK any more, because I was finding that the postage cost more than the gift! I just choose an online UK gift shop and order from there.   There's loads of them. 

Edited by Marisawright

AP is coming up at like $80, it's not really worth it considering what I'm sending isn't over $50.

I think my option may be to order Aussie choc & gift online to a family member who can then make a box up for me, as I think there is companies in the UK who sell Aussie goodies (like the British ones do here).

Thanks ?

Guest The Pom Queen
7 hours ago, Sammy_hx said:

I wanted to send her the chocolate that they don't get in the UK like the rasberry & honeycomb malteasers or dairymilk bars with kettle chips in - more like limited addition type choc..

One good thing about Aussie chocolate is they put something in it so it doesn’t melt as easy. Saying that I remember our first Christmas 14 years ago now, we bought the kids the chocolate stockings and wrapped them leaving them under the Xmas tree, come Xmas day it was one liquid mess.

Guest The Pom Queen

Was just looking if any companies here can do it cheaper for you but it’s $120 just for shipping of anything over 6kg. It’s outrageous. I remember I was going to send my Mum a couple of nice tops, it was going to cost me more than they cost to buy. 

On 05/09/2018 at 14:32, Sammy_hx said:

AP is coming up at like $80, it's not really worth it considering what I'm sending isn't over $50.

I know your're not sending any more, but for others that read this in the future...

The other thing to consider (which my inlaws never did), the UK recipient will need to pay import VAT when it lands (if valued over £18) and Customs Duty if over £120 then an £8 Parcel Force fee.  Sucked a bit paying for our own Christmas pressies!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest The Pom Queen
On 12/09/2018 at 09:10, unzippy said:

I know your're not sending any more, but for others that read this in the future...

The other thing to consider (which my inlaws never did), the UK recipient will need to pay import VAT when it lands (if valued over £18) and Customs Duty if over £120 then an £8 Parcel Force fee.  Sucked a bit paying for our own Christmas pressies!

I never even thought of that. Wow ?