You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Pneill

Using my classroom assistant certificate in wa australia

Hi their I'm looking for any information on me having my Pda classroom assistant certificate to work in schools in UK and have just found out that I need to apply so where to get it changed so I can work in wa Australia. Can anyone help me with how I find this information on the Web? 

Kind Regards. 

11 hours ago, Pneill said:

so where to get it changed so I can work in wa Australia.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "where to get it changed".     Are you applying for a visa to work in Australia?

No I am an Australian citizen by birth and hold my australia passport I'm imagrating back to australia with my family. Though I heard that my pda classroom assistant certificate has to be changed to be approved to use it in australia. 

It can't be changed as such, you need to get is assessed by the qualifications unit to determine if it is equivalent to the ones here.

Look at an equivalent qualification by level Cert 2, 3 or 4 over here and request Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). You would need to prove prior knowledge and qualifications. The link below shows similar type of courses...

https://www.southmetrotafe.wa.edu.au/courses/industries/education-and-community-services

AITSL assessment complete-09/10/2014 | IELTS L8.5, R8, W8.5, S8.5. -13/12/2014 | EOI submitted 07/01/2015 (65) invite 09/01/2015 | 189 Visa applied - 10/01/2015 | Meds -20/02/2015 | PCC-08/03/2015 | Visa granted! - 20/03/2015.