You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Tink

What are you listening to ?

Dave Hole   ....................  slide guitarist from Perth WA.

Cheers, Bobj.A bit of class
Yes... Gets you in the mood for lurve ......

Voted Best Newcomer 2010 by PIO Members.......Thank you....x

this lock down is giving me a chance to listen to some stuff I wouldnt normally listen too.....this is good!

• Like 1

Suo Gan

Cheers, Bobj.

Bill Withers has died aged 81.

Struggling to post a link, but I'm listening (at volume!) to The Lottery Winners debut album having received a signed copy for Mothers Day. Loads of great tracks but 21 is currently on repeat 😍. T x

• Like 1

Flights booked for Sydney 29/09/2015 :cool:

This always reminds me of the Irish dance halls in Kilburn, North London.  We went a few times when we lived in Camden and always had a good night.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Toots said:

This always reminds me of the Irish dance halls in Kilburn, North London.  We went a few times when we lived in Camden and always had a good night.  

Shane and Keith Richards, amazing they are still alive!  They should leave their bodies to medical science🤣

• Haha 1

The MonaLisa twin sister do decent covers of various bands.  Here they are doing The Beatles and Pink Floyd.

On 31/08/2018 at 13:35, Toots said:

My favourite Gerry Rafferty song plus views of Scotland.  A collaboration with Mark Knopfler for the soundtrack of the movie 'Local Hero'.  

I remember listening to ‘going home’ the theme from Local Hero in the car park of the then Felixstowe ferry terminal. We were on our way from Birmingham to take up a job and a new life in Luxembourg, and catching the midnight ferry. Only a thousand km but it seemed like we were on our way to the moon. The car park was dark, it was raining and there was this lovely music, with crashing waves in the background ... seemed so appropriate. We didn’t have enough money for a car radio and were listening on a portable cassette player that was wedged between our eight year old daughter and a suitcase. Every time I hear it I’m back in that car park - so excited and nervous. Wonderful times.

• Like 1

103 visa application lodged February 2013. 143 visa application submitted January 2016. Police checks and form 80 submitted February 29th 2016. Visa granted April 4th 2016.

1 hour ago, Fisher1 said:

I remember listening to ‘going home’ the theme from Local Hero in the car park of the then Felixstowe ferry terminal. We were on our way from Birmingham to take up a job and a new life in Luxembourg, and catching the midnight ferry. Only a thousand km but it seemed like we were on our way to the moon. The car park was dark, it was raining and there was this lovely music, with crashing waves in the background ... seemed so appropriate. We didn’t have enough money for a car radio and were listening on a portable cassette player that was wedged between our eight year old daughter and a suitcase. Every time I hear it I’m back in that car park - so excited and nervous. Wonderful times.

Music always brings back many memories.

• Like 1