TSS482 Visa and Oz Health Care Insurance

Dominc

Hi Guys

Needing some advice. I'm moving out to Melbourne in early January 2019, on a four year TSS482 skilled migrant visa. I'm moving from the UK. And whilst we have reciprocal health care arrangements with Oz Medicare services. As part of my visa it states I need to maintain adequate health care cover/insurance whilst in Australia.

I'm having some problems getting MediBank, or similar companies, to insure/proved a quote, as I don't have a permanent Oz address yet. I'm staying in a hotel for the first three weeks upon arrival, until I find an apartment to rent. Can I just use my work address (I know that) temporarily for the first few weeks in Melbourne?

Has anyone else experienced this? Either on the new TSS482 to the older e457 visa? How did you resolve this? I've already opened a migrant bank account. That was so easy. I can't understand how sorting health insurance is causing more issues!

Any advice would be appreciated.

Dom.

18 hours ago, Dominc said:

Hi Guys

Needing some advice. I'm moving out to Melbourne in early January 2019, on a four year TSS482 skilled migrant visa. I'm moving from the UK. And whilst we have reciprocal health care arrangements with Oz Medicare services. As part of my visa it states I need to maintain adequate health care cover/insurance whilst in Australia.

I'm having some problems getting MediBank, or similar companies, to insure/proved a quote, as I don't have a permanent Oz address yet. I'm staying in a hotel for the first three weeks upon arrival, until I find an apartment to rent. Can I just use my work address (I know that) temporarily for the first few weeks in Melbourne?

Has anyone else experienced this? Either on the new TSS482 to the older e457 visa? How did you resolve this? I've already opened a migrant bank account. That was so easy. I can't understand how sorting health insurance is causing more issues!

Any advice would be appreciated.

Dom.

We had travel insurance for the first two weeks and then used our AirBandB address for our insurance (with permission from AirBandB host).

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.bupa.com.au/health-insurance/campaigns/international/working?gclid=Cj0KCQjw_vfcBRDJARIsAJafEnF81mQyxBc5mcSoVyMqYigwidl6MssHfi7pF_73cPyDyFd6lLKIHQIaAlTDEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

They send the health cover letter out instantly while your in the uk , i used them on my 457 visa in 2015 .

when in oz you can cancel it once registered with medicare at the local centrelink office.

but take out VIC AMBO cover its only cheap  or you face $2000 per ambulance call out lol