UK Mortage Australian Job?

steven106

I work FIFO in north WA, Me and the miss's are both English been over here since 2009, and we currently live on the gold coast Australia, we have a little one that has just turned 2. We are thinking of maybe taking 2-3 years out back in the uk before the little one heads to school fully time etc, My wife wants family time,

I don't want to give up the work that I am doing as I am pretty high up within the company and paid very well.

I have the opportunity to create any roster I pretty much like so could easily do the travel straight from perth direct to London, and would be salary sacrificed.

Has any got a Uk Mortgage approved off a Australian wage? if so which banks / companies do it?

7 minutes ago, steven106 said:

I work FIFO in north WA, Me and the miss's are both English been over here since 2009, and we currently live on the gold coast Australia, we have a little one that has just turned 2. We are thinking of maybe taking 2-3 years out back in the uk before the little one heads to school fully time etc, My wife wants family time,

I don't want to give up the work that I am doing as I am pretty high up within the company and paid very well.

I have the opportunity to create any roster I pretty much like so could easily do the travel straight from perth direct to London, and would be salary sacrificed.

Has any got a Uk Mortgage approved off a Australian wage? if so which banks / companies do it?

Do you have equity in your Australian home you could withdraw? The pound is pretty weak, and may weaken further with brexit. Could you extract the money from your Australian home and use it to buy one in the UK?

18 minutes ago, steven106 said:

any tips on who to search or use?

Ours has since retired. I did have a mate at my son's cricket club who was a broker, but my son stopped playing, and I don't have his details.

Google is your friend unless others can advise.

Guest The Pom Queen

Have a chat with @Andrew from Vista Financial Or @Carol from Vista Financial We recently got our mortgage through them when all the other lenders had said no due to the property having a commercial aspect to it. They have also managed to secure mortgages for many other members in similar situations. What’s more they regularly check to see if they can get you a reduced rate without even being asked, what more could you ask for a financial advisor/mortgage expert who is there for the client and not themselves.

8 hours ago, The Pom Queen said:

Have a chat with @Andrew from Vista Financial Or @Carol from Vista Financial We recently got our mortgage through them when all the other lenders had said no due to the property having a commercial aspect to it. They have also managed to secure mortgages for many other members in similar situations. What’s more they regularly check to see if they can get you a reduced rate without even being asked, what more could you ask for a financial advisor/mortgage expert who is there for the client and not themselves.

Thanks Kate such kind words ?

15 hours ago, steven106 said:

Hi Steven

We don't actually do UK mortgages so wouldn't be able to help here I'm afraid.

I do have a UK contact that is a Broker so I will PM you his details he may be able to answer your question.

So is your plan to move back to Australia after the 2-3 years?

If so I would think carefully about this strategy, buying a large asset like this for the short term can carry quite a risk (that's if you are thinking of selling it again when/if you move back (you may be thinking of keeping it as a rental?)).

Regards Andy

Guest Carol from Vista Financial

Hi @steven106

As @Andrew from Vista Financial mentioned unfortunately we can't help on the UK side of things. In regards to your Australian property/mortgage if you do look to access equity for the deposit check first with your Aus lender for their cash out policy as they may have specific rules around the amount and purpose of funds.

Cheers

Carol

• 10 months later...
On 27/08/2018 at 08:50, Andrew from Vista Financial said:

Hi Steven

We don't actually do UK mortgages so wouldn't be able to help here I'm afraid.

I do have a UK contact that is a Broker so I will PM you his details he may be able to answer your question.

So is your plan to move back to Australia after the 2-3 years?

If so I would think carefully about this strategy, buying a large asset like this for the short term can carry quite a risk (that's if you are thinking of selling it again when/if you move back (you may be thinking of keeping it as a rental?)).

Regards Andy

Hi Andy did you have any details of the person you had in mind in the UK we are heading back in Aug for a month and we are still looking at investing having properties both in aus and UK.. i am looking enough to earn enough to cover everything needed just need a mortgage and then go...