Jump to content

QLD drivers licence

Recommended Posts


Im looking for guidance regarding my drivers licence,  I have been granted a 309 partner visa. Can I apply for a QLD drivers licence? I have a valid South African drivers licence.


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @missA yes you can but you don’t need to. You can drive on your SA license indefinitely whilst on a temp visas.

Sometimes though people prefer to change over as the Australian Drivers License is used often for the 100 Point Identification Check and it makes things so much easier.

To change over you won’t need to do a written or practical test providing you are 25 years of age or older and you hold, or have held within the last 5 years, a driver licence (other than a learner licence), that corresponds to a class C, RE or R licence.

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now