louwilkins

Advice please

Hi, just wondering if any of you can give me advice please. I put in EOI for 189 july last year with 60 points, obviously I am no longer eligible foe the 189 and put in EOI for 489 family sponsorship in January. I have not heard anything and feel our dream may be over before it has begun. Does anyone know of any other options I could try? I am a registered nurse with 2 years surgical experience. I also have 3 children so WHV is not an option. TIA x

Thank you both for replying. I have looked at state sposorship online but am unsure if WA are sponsoring at the moment? I am with a migration agent but am feeling a little dissapointed with them to be honest and wonder if I did the right thing by signing with them.  

53 minutes ago, louwilkins said:

Thank you both for replying. I have looked at state sposorship online but am unsure if WA are sponsoring at the moment? I am with a migration agent but am feeling a little dissapointed with them to be honest and wonder if I did the right thing by signing with them.  

Then remove the agent and either get another one or do it yourself.

Is there any reason you didn't try a state sponsored 489?  You'd end up in a regional area but I've heard they are looking for nurses in these areas so you may have better luck.

I didn't apply for state sponsorship as I would like to go to WA and I only have 2 years nursing experience rather tham the 3 years that WA require. Guess I just have to hope and pray that I get an invite soon..

I'm sorry to be frank but you won't get an invite with those points.

If you're serious about you have 2 options.

1. Apply for a 489 in another state. Serve your 2 years and then move on to WA.
2. Wait until you have enough experience for WA. Hopefully they won't change the goal posts.

You probably won't want to hear that but I think it is important you know.

On 26/08/2018 at 18:00, louwilkins said:

Are you disappointed in them because they've given you bad advice, or disappointed because they're telling you that you've run out of options?

It's not easy to get an Australian PR visa. As an agent commented here recently, the vast majority of people simply don't qualify.  You're lucky to be in an eligible occupation but if you don't have the points, you don't have the points. Agents don't have magic ways around the rules, I'm afraid.

Edited by Marisawright
  • Like 2

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke