Outside Australia waiting for 820 visa

Shephene

I am outside Australia and do not have a visa to return to await the finalisation of my partner visa application, what can I do? You may apply for any visa that you consider you might be eligible for at your nearest Australian visa office overseas, however there is no guarantee that your application will be approved and you may not be able to return to Australia to await finalisation of your partner visa application.
In the event that you are refused a visa to return to Australia, you should advise this office of your overseas contact details so that we can contact you once your partner visa application is ready to finalise. If you are assessed as eligible for grant of the partner visa, we will notify you and if appropriate, liaise with the relevant overseas visa office to support grant of a visitor visa permitting you to return to Australia to enable grant of the partner visa. Note we will not support the grant of a visitor visa to permit return to Australia to await processing of your partner visa application.

I am in same situation and In the automatic mail from immigration I found this common questions ....

Is this information right...???

Yes you are right..I am waiting for 820 visa. It's already been 4 months that I am overseas(bridging visa b over one month back).but I thought it will be better to apply tourist visa after I get a mail from case officer that to return australia...

Is my decision fine Bcz in same forum some one posted the same said will get tourist visa only after 820 is approved

5 hours ago, Shephene said:

Yes you are right..I am waiting for 820 visa. It's already been 4 months that I am overseas(bridging visa b over one month back).but I thought it will be better to apply tourist visa after I get a mail from case officer that to return australia...

Is my decision fine Bcz in same forum some one posted the same said will get tourist visa only after 820 is approved

If the 820 is approved and you then apply for a tourist visa, that tourist visa will cancel out your 820. You can only hold one visa aa a timme 

I feel so depressed ..I should get tourist visa now..else I will be remaining in overseas..

I am not eligible for ETA and evisitor..and for Tourist visa I should provide GTE...I have my family there..now offshore partner visa processing time is 21-24 months...I am really unlucky..

On 18/08/2018 at 02:34, Shephene said:

I feel so depressed ..I should get tourist visa now..else I will be remaining in overseas..

I am not eligible for ETA and evisitor..and for Tourist visa I should provide GTE...I have my family there..now offshore partner visa processing time is 21-24 months...I am really unlucky..

If you had a Bridging Visa B why did you not return to Australia while it was still valid? Then you wouldn;t be sruck overseas now. 

Your 820 cannot be approved if you are not in Australia.  So if you are granted a tourist visa, it would let you come to Australia and remain during more 820 processing.  With any luck, the 820 will be approved while your tourist visa is still valid, otherwise you'll need to leave Australia again or apply for another visa to remain longer.