Full relocation from Cyprus to Australia

Melin Morris

I am about to apply for working visabat least for 1 year in Australia for the first time (around in November) and i dont know any specifications, what do u suggest. Do i need to declare adress of living while applying? Should i rent a room first in Australia before applying? Do you need to declare you budget in digits or to just justify that is strong enough in order to show that you got your back covered until you are adjusted? Ive got qualifications as a bartender and waiter but i didnt apply anywhere yet. Could u please help me what i should do step by step?

Assuming you are under 30, you can come to Australia for one year on a Working Holiday Visa. 

No, you don't need to declare an address or rent a room before you apply.  You will need to show you have enough money to support yourself (a certified copy of a bank statement, for instance).  

However, note that a Working Holiday Visa is just for a year (or two, if you do some farm work in your first year).  Then you must go home.  It is extremely unlikely that you will be able to get a permanent visa of any kind.

• Thanks 1

Thank u for helping me. Assumed right im 22 and im applying for a holiday visa need to save more money for another 1-2 years so i can attend college. After working in Australia who knows i may decide to study there. If i got this straight u can work anywhere for 1 year but if 2 you are obliged to work in farms the first one? If so how much you get paid if u work in a farms or some rural areas?

Fruit picking is the usual type of farm work.

Farming:
Wages for farming are normally supplied with accommodation and food. You therefore will earn a package for the week of anywhere between $200 and $400. Experienced workers or those with tractor driving experience can receive over $750p/w.

Harvest work / Fruit picking:
This kind of work is normally paid on a piece rate, therefore hard work and long hours can see you earning $800-$1000 per week. Take a laid back approach and you will earn around $400-$600.

This link may help you.

https://workingholiday.co/fruit-picking-seasons-in-australia

There are also horror stories of farm workers being ripped off.  I'd go by work of mouth if I were you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Melin Morris said:

Thank u for helping me. Assumed right im 22 and im applying for a holiday visa need to save more money for another 1-2 years so i can attend college. After working in Australia who knows i may decide to study there. If i got this straight u can work anywhere for 1 year but if 2 you are obliged to work in farms the first one? If so how much you get paid if u work in a farms or some rural areas?

If you decide to study in Australia you will need a LOT of money because the student fees for foreigners are extremely high.

The pay for farm work is not good, but you only have to work there for three months.

Edited by Marisawright
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Melin Morris said:

Thank u again. Didnt know that fees were so expensice. I may have changed my mind then. Yeah it's not bad but if decide to work for a year only u can work anywhere any job can't you? 

Ps. Which one is the website where i can apply online for visa?

Yes, you can work anywhere, but only for one employer for a maximum of six months

• Thanks 1