You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Perthbum

Why are some people so easily offended?

I believe people who are so easily offended  be it Boris Johnson last week or any non PC statements are angry, sensitive unfulfilled people in general.

There are groups of left wing and right wing people who seem to have a copyright on being offended. Anything that is said  seems to offend them its ironic but the majority of these people tend to be the most insulting crude people I have ever met, they reply to a comment as though it is the end of the world because you have said something they find racist or insulting to other people when its not. We need to stamp out this growing fungus of PC before we are to afraid to say anything in case one of these idiots thinks it is offensive.

• Thanks 1

Drinking rum before 11am does not make you an alcoholic, it makes you pirate..

Some people are perpetually offended.  It's just the way they are.  I feel sorry for them, their lives must be void of any excitement.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Perthbum said:

I believe people who are so easily offended  be it Boris Johnson last week or any non PC statements are angry, sensitive unfulfilled people in general.

There are groups of left wing and right wing people who seem to have a copyright on being offended. Anything that is said  seems to offend them its ironic but the majority of these people tend to be the most insulting crude people I have ever met, they reply to a comment as though it is the end of the world because you have said something they find racist or insulting to other people when its not. We need to stamp out this growing fungus of PC before we are to afraid to say anything in case one of these idiots thinks it is offensive.

No, what is so offensive is that people think that they can be gratuitiously offensive to people because they simply do not agree with their lifestyle or viewpoint, being PC is about being sensitive to others, what is so terrible about that.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, BacktoDemocracy said:

No, what is so offensive is that people think that they can be gratuitiously offensive to people because they simply do not agree with their lifestyle or viewpoint, being PC is about being sensitive to others, what is so terrible about that.

We do not have free speech anymore, that's the problem...taking the mickey out of religion is perfectly in order "life of brian" offended many but they were right to make it,  Boris had every right to say what he did in a free society, some will be "pretend" offended but it does not mean you have to say sorry.

Was  it voltaire??? "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Edited by Perthbum

20 minutes ago, Perthbum said:

We do not have free speech anymore, that's the problem...taking the mickey out of religion is perfectly in order "life of brian" offended many but they were right to make it,  Boris had every right to say what he did in a free society, some will be "pretend" offended but it does not mean you have to say sorry.

Was  it voltaire??? "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Well let’s test that shall we, what if I say I find many comments made on this website by posters to be racist, xenophobic and deniers of scientific evidence of climate  change occasioned by human action, I find it laughable that they support the likes of Trump.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, BacktoDemocracy said:

Well let’s test that shall we, what if I say I find many comments made on this website by posters to be racist, xenophobic and deniers of scientific evidence of climate  change occasioned by human action, I find it laughable that they support the likes of Trump.

Free speech. They have also a right to say Obama was a complete waste of time and that Nelson Mandela was a corrupt leader who caused far more problems than he solved.

Edited by Perthbum

I’m not quite sure you can use life of Brian as an example. You would be as well saying that it’s ok to be racist because they did it in love thy neighbour

It’s just not acceptable any more and rightly so
  • Like 4

Opinions are like noses 

everyone has one , but you don’t have to take it as your own 

but respect should be adhered to imo

• Like 2

Just now, Mcguinnessp1968 said:

I’m not quite sure you can use life of Brian as an example. You would be as well saying that it’s ok to be racist because they did it in love thy neighbour

It’s just not acceptable any more and rightly so

Its not OK to be racist thats a given, I am talking about free speech, boris johnsons comments were not racist and in a country with free speech he was allowed to say what he thought and rightly so, they do look like pillar boxes.

• Like 1

Its not OK to be racist thats a given, I am talking about free speech, boris johnsons comments were not racist and in a country with free speech he was allowed to say what he thought and rightly so, they do look like pillar boxes.

Of course they weren’t racist but they were highly offensive.
The man is an absolute attention seeking buffoon
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Mcguinnessp1968 said:

Of course they weren’t racist but they were highly offensive.
The man is an absolute attention seeking buffoon

Your opinion and you are entitled to, same as my opinion of Mandela being a murderer and corrupt leader of his party who caused all the problems we have in SA today.

Highly offensive? are you joking.

Edited by Perthbum

Your opinion and you are entitled to, same as my opinion of Mandela being a murderer and corrupt leader of his party who caused all the problems we have in SA today.

Says a lot about you then

1 minute ago, Mcguinnessp1968 said:

Says a lot about you then

See, you cannot accept other people's opinions, you are exactly what I am talking about.

See, you cannot accept other people's opinions, you are exactly what I am talking about.

I’m not offended by what you say in the least

I just don’t respect your opinions
  • Like 2

Just now, Mcguinnessp1968 said:

I’m not offended by what you say in the least

I just don’t respect your opinions

You say Boris is a buffon but if I say Mandela was corrupt and and a puppet leader you start giving abuse. This is exactly my point, you got angry so quickly...

Posted (edited)

Boris Johnson is in my opinion a very very intelligent man with an agenda, he is playing the public and the Tory party like an instrument. 

Edited by Perthbum

You say Boris is a buffon but if I say Mandela was corrupt and and a puppet leader you start giving abuse. This is exactly my point, you got angry so quickly...

Mate I’m not angry in the slightest. I’ve read many of your posts on here so I know what you stand for I personally think you are wrong but hey ho

My point is that people are entitled to live their lives and follow their beliefs without ridicule. Especially from a so called public figure

If you can’t get your head around that fact well like I say it says a lot about you
  • Like 4

Mate I’m not angry in the slightest. I’ve read many of your posts on here so I know what you stand for I personally think you are wrong but hey ho

My point is that people are entitled to live their lives and follow their beliefs without ridicule. Especially from a so called public figure

If you can’t get your head around that fact well like I say it says a lot about you

But they do look like post boxes, what he said was OK in a country with free speech, I am glad he has refused to apologise to the baying "pretend" outrage.

And what  exactly does it say about me? I am a racist in your eyes because you dont agree with my opinions.

But they do look like post boxes, what he said was OK in a country with free speech, I am glad he has refused to apologise to the baying "pretend" outrage.
And what  exactly does it say about me? I am a racist in your eyes because you dont agree with my opinions.

They look nothing like post boxes mate

I somehow can’t see even you trying to stick a letter in their mouth
  • Like 1

Personal insults such as calling some post boxes  , is not respectful opinion .

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tink said:

Personal insults such as calling some post boxes  , is not respectful opinion .

He did not call the post boxes, he said they looked like post boxes.

1 minute ago, Perthbum said:

He did not call the post boxes, he said they looked like post boxes.

It’s still a personal insult , 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Mcguinnessp1968 said:

They look nothing like post boxes mate

I somehow can’t see even you trying to stick a letter in their mouth

They do a bit 

Image result for full veil post boxes

1 minute ago, Tink said:

It’s still a personal insult , 

Not in my opinion

Thank you

An in my opinion Scottish football is shocking....?

• Haha 1