Guided Learning Hours UK Quals to AQF

horsemad1976

Hi All,

Does anyone have any knowledge around the number of guided learning hours required for various levels in/around skills assessment? For example, I am told a AQF Certificate III has to have a minimum of 1200 - 2400 hours. Any UK VET qualification would be lucky to get anywhere near these number of learning hours and therefore would always receive a negative assessment down to hours alone.

For example an NVQ Level 2 Diploma comes in at around 540 ish with a full time study at college. In order to meet the number of guided learning hours I am told you need is virtually impossible within the UK to achieve (unless it is a degree and if so, then it would be way above the comparable AQF Certificate III).

I am also told that "VETASSESS does not assess programs with fewer than 400 guided learning hours" yet NOWHERE do they mention either of these points within their assessment guidelines OR included them within the results of the assessment. 

Any advice/experience around this would be gratefully received.

Many thanks ?