visa refused due to case officer's mistake

verynewuser

has anyone gone through such situation?
our visitor visa was recently refused due to case officer's mistake. He mistakenly looked at the tax deducted (which was some thousands currency) instead of the account closing balance (which was around 1 million currency) in the bank statement, and refused the visa saying that tourist funds are insufficient.

what can we do?

Edited by verynewuser

25 minutes ago, verynewuser said:

our visitor visa was recently refused due to case officer's mistake. He mistakenly looked at the tax deducted (which was some thousands currency) instead of the account closing balance (which was around 1 million currency) in the bank statement, and refused the visa saying that tourist funds are insufficient.

what can we do?

I thought you were already living in Sydney??   Why are you asking about a visitor visa?

1 minute ago, Toots said:

I thought you were already living in Sydney??   Why are you asking about a visitor visa?

That is why I used 'We' throughout the question instead of 'I' because it is one of my family members, not me but due to his lack of English communication I am asking on his behalf.

2 minutes ago, verynewuser said:

That is why I used 'We' throughout the question instead of 'I' because it is one of my family members, not me but due to his lack of English communication I am asking on his behalf.

OK I get it now but you did say OUR and mentioned 'we' only once so it is easy to assume you weren't talking about someone else.  Somebody will be along who may give you an answer to your query.

Guest 48niner
5 hours ago, verynewuser said:

what can we do?

You can appeal to AAT administrative appeal tribunal 70 days after you received the letter of refusal. I assume you are the sponsor who applied for the visit visa, you are entitled to apply for merits review.

I have doubt the the CO made a wrong call. 

13 hours ago, verynewuser said:

what can we do?

Visitor visa refusals are becoming very common. 

I am guessing it is an offshore application, so there are no appeal rights, unless it was a family sponsored visitor visa.

You can try contacting the processing post, but are unlikely to receive any joy there.

You can reapply and try explaining the financial situation in more detail.

9 hours ago, 48niner said:

You can appeal to AAT administrative appeal tribunal 70 days after you received the letter of refusal. I assume you are the sponsor who applied for the visit visa, you are entitled to apply for merits review.

So we can apply for a AAT review for only sponsored visa applications? I am not the sponsor here. It was an offshore visa application.