New Processing Time 309/100 and form 80

sianyo

Hi all,

When we submitted our application May 2018 (spousal visa 309/100) processing times were 12 to 14 months. The most current which was updated 18 July 2018 is 21 to 26 months- almost doubling our original processing time. I was asked to do medical exam straight away which would make it invalid in 9 months time. Should we be going off the original processing time or this new processing time?

Also, we were under impression that form 80 does not need to be submitted unless requested by case officer. Is this true? We haven't been assigned a case officer yet.

Thanks for any help!

11 hours ago, sianyo said:

Hi all,

When we submitted our application May 2018 (spousal visa 309/100) processing times were 12 to 14 months. The most current which was updated 18 July 2018 is 21 to 26 months- almost doubling our original processing time. I was asked to do medical exam straight away which would make it invalid in 9 months time. Should we be going off the original processing time or this new processing time?

Also, we were under impression that form 80 does not need to be submitted unless requested by case officer. Is this true? We haven't been assigned a case officer yet.

Thanks for any help!

Slightly confused. In terms of being asked to do the medical straight away, was the email from an actual Case Officer, or was it the standard medical letter that appears on the Immi account once you've applied? If the request came from an actual Case Officer then of course, yes follow their instructions. But then you say you've not been assigned a CO? 

We did the Form 80 as a standard part of our application in February of last year as the list of information requested included this, but maybe this element has changed since then. 

Medical test was asked to be done once we applied. Didn't actually look like from a case officer but it was asking for medical to be done so that process could continue. I have just read in different places that one doesn't have to do form 80 unless asked.. 

I have also now heard that we have to go off the new processing times, however I will keep optimistic on these wait times. 

15 hours ago, sianyo said:

Medical test was asked to be done once we applied. Didn't actually look like from a case officer but it was asking for medical to be done so that process could continue. I have just read in different places that one doesn't have to do form 80 unless asked.. 

I have also now heard that we have to go off the new processing times, however I will keep optimistic on these wait times. 

Was it a letter that was showing on your Immi file or was it an email request from the Department? 

As I say, last year the Form 80 was showing on the list I was sent of documents requested, but that may have changed. 

As for processing times, I was told 12-18 months last year and got it in 3 so I've never really understood how they work lol 

On 17/08/2018 at 00:55, Beffers said:

Was it a letter that was showing on your Immi file or was it an email request from the Department? 

As I say, last year the Form 80 was showing on the list I was sent of documents requested, but that may have changed. 

As for processing times, I was told 12-18 months last year and got it in 3 so I've never really understood how they work lol 

It was a letter on Immi file which also got directly emailed to our email address. It was definitely requesting medicals to be done so that they can continue with process. form 80 most likely required but I have seen some instances where people don't need them. wow 3 months! lucky you! It didn't happen to be applied from Canada? 

On 15/08/2018 at 01:12, sianyo said:

Hi all,

Thanks for any help!

We applied in May as well. Also loaded medicals straight away as the system asked us too. We did the form 80 - we just loaded everything possible so not to delay the process any further. Now it’s tge waitung game. I heard through another thread that someone who applied in March just got their visa granted. Fingers crossed. 

On 22 August 2018 at 07:28, sianyo said:

It was a letter on Immi file which also got directly emailed to our email address. It was definitely requesting medicals to be done so that they can continue with process. form 80 most likely required but I have seen some instances where people don't need them. wow 3 months! lucky you! It didn't happen to be applied from Canada? 

We also had a letter on our Immi automatically which shows up in an email, it's standard procedure. But then a week after applying, we had a separate official email from our individual case officer (with their name and direct contact details) asking for both meds and police checks to be done (COs will generally ask for both).  

That's why I asked for clarification as lots of people are mistaking the standard letter/email on Immi as an official request.  The risk of this mistake is that you jump to do your medicals but as its not an official request from an Individual case officer, there's a risk that they will expire before the visa is processed, if you understand what I mean.  

And no, not Canada.  We we applied from London! 

Hi all,

Long time lurker, first-time poster!

I'm Australian, have lived in UK for 17 years, desperate to go back to Aus.  Partner (fiance) of almost 7 years is Scottish, and we submitted his 309 visa application on 22/08/18, have uploaded identity docs, social media relationship proof, 3 x form 888s, my Aus police check etc.

Got the automated immi prompt for medical, which partner has booked in for on 5th Sept.  Since we booked it, status has changed from "Submitted" to "Received"  I have applied for my UK police check (not yet been prompted for it) and will be applying for partners in the next day or so. 

Hoping we are a fairly straightforward case - no children together but he has a 9 year old that is not immigrating with us (staying with mum, obviously, but looking forward to visiting!)

We were originally advised by an immigration agent (a paid phone consultation) in Australia for other half to come over on a tourist visa, then apply for the partner visa onshore to obviate the long waiting times.  We had concerns but he told us "everyone does it" - after seeing some people on various forums mention breaching tourist visas and being turned around at the border and/or banned for three years, we decided the risk wasn't worth it and feel a lot more comfortable now that we have applied "properly".  We didn't use an agent for our application and have just done it ourselves.  Just hope it doesn't take too long as we are waiting to get the visa before we push the button on putting the house on the market!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Ausgirl42 said:

Hi all,

Long time lurker, first-time poster!

I'm Australian, have lived in UK for 17 years, desperate to go back to Aus.  Partner (fiance) of almost 7 years is Scottish, and we submitted his 309 visa application on 22/08/18, have uploaded identity docs, social media relationship proof, 3 x form 888s, my Aus police check etc.

Got the automated immi prompt for medical, which partner has booked in for on 5th Sept.  Since we booked it, status has changed from "Submitted" to "Received"  I have applied for my UK police check (not yet been prompted for it) and will be applying for partners in the next day or so. 

Hoping we are a fairly straightforward case - no children together but he has a 9 year old that is not immigrating with us (staying with mum, obviously, but looking forward to visiting!)

We were originally advised by an immigration agent (a paid phone consultation) in Australia for other half to come over on a tourist visa, then apply for the partner visa onshore to obviate the long waiting times.  We had concerns but he told us "everyone does it" - after seeing some people on various forums mention breaching tourist visas and being turned around at the border and/or banned for three years, we decided the risk wasn't worth it and feel a lot more comfortable now that we have applied "properly".  We didn't use an agent for our application and have just done it ourselves.  Just hope it doesn't take too long as we are waiting to get the visa before we push the button on putting the house on the market!

Hi, 

Myself, husband & 3 children were going to go over on tourist visa & apply onshore, we was actually due to fly yesterday! But after reading on here we decided the risk was too high so applied on 1st August, we have front loaded the same as you, just slightly different in I have 2 children from a previous relationship, but father has filled out the forms & is agreeable with the move. 

My husband is a PR so has his visa already,

Fingers crossed that now the process time has come down, we all wont be waiting so long xx

• Like 1

Hi All

My husband is Aussie and we've been together for 7.5 years. We applied on 11th July 2018, uploaded all ID, 3 x 888s, Form 80, proof of co-habiting etc. I also had my medical on 1st August 2018, which is showing on the system.

I have heard that the government can be stricter on those who try to 'cheat the system' by going into Aus on another visa and then trying to piggy back onto a new one. Apparently they favour applications from outside of the country, fast-tracking certain countries such as the UK. I have also heard that the average waiting time is 3 months, but we have not had any contact from a case officer as yet.

Will continue to update if I hear anything back in the hope that it helps to give other people an indication of timelines.

Good luck everyone!

Lotty

• Like 2

Hi Zoe,

I think they ask for 2 x 888 stat dec forms.  We provided three because technically the form should be filled out by an Australian or Australian Perm Resident and witnessed by a JP or similar.  As we live in the UK, my mum was the only Australian we could get to fill the form out for us, so I provided hers plus 2 from the UK thinking an extra person vouching for our relationship couldn't hurt!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Woidy said:

Hi. I need help. Please let me know when can I transfer my 309 visa to 100

You are eligible to submit documents for the 100 2 years after you applied for the 309. Log in to your Immi account after that date and it will tell you what you need to submit. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I'm Portuguese and my partner Australian - we applied for our partner/de facto visa in August last year, submitted all the documents etc. This week I got an email from what I believe is our case officer asking for further documents from us.

My question is around the Form 80, which is designed for the applicant (me) to fill in and submit. However, on that email, it is requested "Other requirements - Form 80 for sponsor". Does that mean my sponsor now has to fill it in as well? And if so, a lot of the questions don't necessarily apply to him. I submitted my Form 80 right at the beginning.

They also asked for an additional Aus police check from both of us - just as a heads up for anyone going through this process. We submitted our Aus police check when we initially applied, but as it's been a year, so there is a potential for the department to ask for it again. 

Thank you, any help would be appreciated.

5 hours ago, Ana Cardoso said:

Hello,

I'm Portuguese and my partner Australian - we applied for our partner/de facto visa in August last year, submitted all the documents etc. This week I got an email from what I believe is our case officer asking for further documents from us.

My question is around the Form 80, which is designed for the applicant (me) to fill in and submit. However, on that email, it is requested "Other requirements - Form 80 for sponsor". Does that mean my sponsor now has to fill it in as well? And if so, a lot of the questions don't necessarily apply to him. I submitted my Form 80 right at the beginning.

They also asked for an additional Aus police check from both of us - just as a heads up for anyone going through this process. We submitted our Aus police check when we initially applied, but as it's been a year, so there is a potential for the department to ask for it again. 

Thank you, any help would be appreciated.

If the CO has specifically asked for Form 80 the sponsor will have to fill in what they can. Its very unusual (first one I've seen in 20 years) , but they have been tightening up a lot on character stuff lately,

As for police checks, if they are 12 months old, yes you will need new ones. 

47 minutes ago, Nemesis said:

If the CO has specifically asked for Form 80 the sponsor will have to fill in what they can. Its very unusual (first one I've seen in 20 years) , but they have been tightening up a lot on character stuff lately,

As for police checks, if they are 12 months old, yes you will need new ones. 

Thank you for clarifying, my thoughts exactly.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...