EOI to invite to apply-how long?

Barrywelsh

11 minutes ago, Barrywelsh said:

Yes a 489 regional means I can only work regional for 2 years, then I automatically can apply for my 887 which gives me PR.

Usually now days getting sponsorship is pretty difficult. A few years back they were pretty common but the Australian government made it more expensive and more restrictions, but I’m sure after two years sponsorship they you get a more permanent visa.

Asmirt are pretty strict with the amount of general and CT you do after qualification. I know one radiographer who they refused as they went straight into Mri after qualification.  

Are you a Sonographer? Where is your sponsorship?

That's interesting to know, I have read similar..I'm trying to get back into plain film because of this. I'm a mammographer but I'm willing to drop back down just to get what I need to get to aus! 

23 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

You do know that you don't have to wait 4 years?  If you can build up enough points before then, there's absolutely nothing stopping you from applying for a permanent visa yourself.   

The only downside is that you'll have to pay all the fees yourself if you apply independently, whereas if you wait patiently till the end of your contract, you get support from your employer.  But personally I'd say it's worth it.

Oh ok, that's good to know. I wasn't aware of that at all. Thank you!

19 minutes ago, Barrywelsh said:

If I were you I’d contact a decent migration agent and figure out your options- I used Concert Australia in Manchester , Steve Hall - he was really good 

That's for that info! That's great. To be honest, I want to wait until I've had ASMIRT back because there's a chance in going to need to do more back in x-ray and whatever way I go I need ASMIRT