register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

jayrich89

Mechanical engineer HND foundation degree

Evening all, 

I am starting my HND foundation degree in mechanical engineering alongside a level 4 NVQ next month with the hope that it will put me in a good position to progress into an engineering career in Victoria Australia. 

Are there any engineers on here who could give some good careers advice to somebody wanting to climb the ladder in Aussie engineering? More to the point what level of job should I be hoping to obtain with the HND level qualifications. I want to be looking into jobs well in advance but am not sure at what level they will give me the time of day. Graduate schemes etc. 

I am currently a Quality inspector for a large international company producing industrial gas turbine and Aero engine components, at the time of emigration I will have around 10 years experience within an engineering background. I will hopefully have Status metrology CMM qualifications also. 

Any help will be much appreciated 

Check out Engineers Australia and they will have examples on what sort of jobs you can go for with that qualification.  You wouldn't be classed as an engineer per se, but likely an engineering technologist or similar.