TSS 482 applicant Documents

lewisant48

Hi all.

Just looking for a few other ideas as i've asked elsewhere. My accredited sponsor (who recruit internationally a lot so no hitches on their front) are submitting my nomination over the next few days. They've said for my application they will write the reference for the character requirement (stated as an option on the home affairs website).

• Medical isn't required for my role. 
  • 2 years experience required which i can provide payslips for along with the mandatory references.
  • Passport, driving licence for me and my wife along with marriage certificate.
  • Signed job offer/contract.

It's been suggested elsewhere that some people have had to provide history of residency for the previous 10 years along with travel history of 10 years and proof of employment going back further in time. What are other people's experiences of how many documents they've had to provide? I want to front load it all before i submit the application so i'm trying to leave no stone unturned here!

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/08/2018 at 04:26, lewisant48 said:

Hi all.

Just looking for a few other ideas as i've asked elsewhere. My accredited sponsor (who recruit internationally a lot so no hitches on their front) are submitting my nomination over the next few days. They've said for my application they will write the reference for the character requirement (stated as an option on the home affairs website).

• Medical isn't required for my role. 
  • 2 years experience required which i can provide payslips for along with the mandatory references.
  • Passport, driving licence for me and my wife along with marriage certificate.
  • Signed job offer/contract.

It's been suggested elsewhere that some people have had to provide history of residency for the previous 10 years along with travel history of 10 years and proof of employment going back further in time. What are other people's experiences of how many documents they've had to provide? I want to front load it all before i submit the application so i'm trying to leave no stone unturned here!

There is no one size fits all list, as it will depend to some degree on your specific details, such as what occupation you are being nominated under.

Residency and travel history will be required.

If your sponsor is lodging the visa for you, they should give you some guidance.

PS. They won't know if medicals are required or not  until they know you residency and travel history.

HI 

I agree with the 'No One Size Fits all' situation.

I was sponsored by the Vic State Government. on the TSS482 visa.  I arrive in early Jan 2019.  I can keep my answer brief, but each individual is different.  I am migrating from the United Kingdom, and your home country may well have an affect on what Home Affairs will want from you.

1.  I applied as a sole applicant, so only checks one required.  Your wife may well need her own checks carried out if she is named on your visa.

2. I only had to provided certified copies of my relevant Degree and MSc awards, up to date CV, work references for five years (although I've 15yrs experiences), coy of my certified passport, address history for ten years in the UK, and any travel made outside of UK lasting more that a month.  And also a passport photo to upload into ImmiOnline.

3. I was not required to undergo a medical as I am coming form a country that has excellent health care.  But this is discretionary for the Home Affairs to decide depend on your answer in the application on ImmiOnline.

4. After my employer nomination was approved and processed.  My TSS 482 skilled migrant visa application was logged by misled in early July 2018.  Four days later I got the approval notification.

A very fast turnaround I feel.  But I had, much like yourself, gathered all possible documents to make the process as tpainfree and easy as possible.  Seemed it went in my favoured, as I uploaded all the necessary things before submitting, like Home Affairs asked.  I guess that made life easy for them to consider my application.

I've now sorted a OZ migrant bank account, and trying to sort out health care insurance in Melbourne, as the only required of my visa is '8501 - maintain health care cover whilst in Australia'.

Good luck!

Dom.

Thank you for your replies guys, very helpful! I appreciate the "not one size fits all" analogy, however i am now going to ask a question that @Raul Senise you may hit me with that reply once again! The 2 year's work experience required for "Youth Worker" or maybe this may be a generic rule - is it post qualification or is it a moot point due to being nominated by an accredited sponsor. 

Looks like my employer doesn't do a character reference so i think we'll need ACPRO Police checks. Only countries i've visited in the last 10 years are Aus and England so i should be fine for medicals but my wife has been to India and surrounding places so i'll have to check...

5 hours ago, lewisant48 said:

Thank you for your replies guys, very helpful! I appreciate the "not one size fits all" analogy, however i am now going to ask a question that @Raul Senise you may hit me with that reply once again! The 2 year's work experience required for "Youth Worker" or maybe this may be a generic rule - is it post qualification or is it a moot point due to being nominated by an accredited sponsor. 

Looks like my employer doesn't do a character reference so i think we'll need ACPRO Police checks. Only countries i've visited in the last 10 years are Aus and England so i should be fine for medicals but my wife has been to India and surrounding places so i'll have to check...

The 2 year employment requirement is for all 482 applications, irrespective of occupation.

As well as the 2 year employment requirement, you must also show that you have the qualification and/or employment experience required to meet the skill level for your occupation.

9 hours ago, Raul Senise said:

The 2 year employment requirement is for all 482 applications, irrespective of occupation.

As well as the 2 year employment requirement, you must also show that you have the qualification and/or employment experience required to meet the skill level for your occupation.

Ah right, so i have the qualification for the occupation, and i have the required experience (almost 3 years). I achieved the qualification in May this year. Do you think i should still apply for the 482 with that knowledge in mind @Raul Senise? Really appreciate your replies. The company sponsoring me seem to have no problems with this, i think i'm having a last minute panic!

So basically, should my 2 year's experience have come after i achieved my qualification, or should i be ok with the experience and the qualification, irrespective of when i achieved my qualification. 

Edited by lewisant48

14 hours ago, lewisant48 said:

Ah right, so i have the qualification for the occupation, and i have the required experience (almost 3 years). I achieved the qualification in May this year. Do you think i should still apply for the 482 with that knowledge in mind @Raul Senise? Really appreciate your replies. The company sponsoring me seem to have no problems with this, i think i'm having a last minute panic!

So basically, should my 2 year's experience have come after i achieved my qualification, or should i be ok with the experience and the qualification, irrespective of when i achieved my qualification. 

I cannot give advice on a specific case, based on such limited advice. 

Normally the 2 years of experience needs to be skilled, although each case is different, depending on circumstances.

If your sponsor is using an Agent, they should be able to guide you as they will have access to all of the specific information for your case.

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/08/2018 at 00:40, Dominc said:

HI 

I agree with the 'No One Size Fits all' situation.

I was sponsored by the Vic State Government. on the TSS482 visa.  I arrive in early Jan 2019.  I can keep my answer brief, but each individual is different.  I am migrating from the United Kingdom, and your home country may well have an affect on what Home Affairs will want from you.

1.  I applied as a sole applicant, so only checks one required.  Your wife may well need her own checks carried out if she is named on your visa.

2. I only had to provided certified copies of my relevant Degree and MSc awards, up to date CV, work references for five years (although I've 15yrs experiences), coy of my certified passport, address history for ten years in the UK, and any travel made outside of UK lasting more that a month.  And also a passport photo to upload into ImmiOnline.

3. I was not required to undergo a medical as I am coming form a country that has excellent health care.  But this is discretionary for the Home Affairs to decide depend on your answer in the application on ImmiOnline.

4. After my employer nomination was approved and processed.  My TSS 482 skilled migrant visa application was logged by misled in early July 2018.  Four days later I got the approval notification.

A very fast turnaround I feel.  But I had, much like yourself, gathered all possible documents to make the process as tpainfree and easy as possible.  Seemed it went in my favoured, as I uploaded all the necessary things before submitting, like Home Affairs asked.  I guess that made life easy for them to consider my application.

I've now sorted a OZ migrant bank account, and trying to sort out health care insurance in Melbourne, as the only required of my visa is '8501 - maintain health care cover whilst in Australia'.

Good luck!

Dom.

This is for Dom

Once you arrive you should be entitled to reciprocal Medicare, as a UK passport holder,  once you have Medicare you would not be required to hold the health insurance that you would have required in order to have the 482 visa granted. Reciprocal Medicare meets the health insurance requirements under the 482 visa. Just thought I would mention in case you have not been advised previously. 

3 hours ago, Sue Battistin said:

This is for Dom

Once you arrive you should be entitled to reciprocal Medicare, as a UK passport holder,  once you have Medicare you would not be required to hold the health insurance that you would have required in order to have the 482 visa granted. Reciprocal Medicare meets the health insurance requirements under the 482 visa. Just thought I would mention in case you have not been advised previously. 

Ah this is most useful - so we don't need to fork out some $320 per month for healthcare once we are onshore - we'll be covered for usual things that Medicare provides even as temporary residents?

On 27/08/2018 at 22:17, Raul Senise said:

A positive skills assessment from the ACS could be used as appropriate evidence I assume?

15 hours ago, horsemad1976 said:

Ah this is most useful - so we don't need to fork out some $320 per month for healthcare once we are onshore - we'll be covered for usual things that Medicare provides even as temporary residents?

If you are entitled to reciprocal health care by holding a passport from a country such as the UK then you don't need to hold the healthcare insurance once you are approved for Medicare on your arrival into Australia. 

15 hours ago, horsemad1976 said:

A positive skills assessment from the ACS could be used as appropriate evidence I assume?

I would not only provide the skill assessment but also all employment evidence such as payslips (i every three months), tax summaries, tax returns along with detailed reference of your previous tasks and duties etc. You need to show working at the required skill level and that your pay represents this skill level. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Stream 75 per cent of applications processed 90 per cent of applications processed
Short-term stream 43 days 70 days
Medium-term stream 38 days 66 days
Labour Agreement stream 35 days 52 days
Sponsorship 39 days 43 days
Nomination 37 days 41 days

Last updated 17 October 2018 (for month ending 30 September 2018)