NSW -190 - waiting period for Accountants?

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Leighbee98 said:

We submitted our EOI today for 190 NSW Accountant General. I expect to sit and wait for 3-5 months  We have 80 points too.

20 minutes ago, Leighbee98 said:

We submitted our EOI today for 190 NSW Accountant General. I expect to sit and wait for 3-5 months  We have 80 points too.

Good luck with that. I applied early June, hoping to receive an invite in by December. 

A friend of mine with 85 points got his in 3'weeks.

• 4 months later...
On 28/01/2019 at 20:29, Leighbee98 said:

Applied 31st August 80 points accountant.... still waiting.

thank you for the reply, will you be able to suggest me anything with subclass 489 for northern territory, I have 85 points and a positive skill assessment for taxation accountant and an external auditor.

Thank you

• 5 months later...
23 hours ago, Damien Minter said:

Does anybody know of this is possible with 75 points? - I meet the working in the state requirement for NSW. 

If you're an accountant, probably not.  There is a huge glut of accountants in Australia so although they are still on the list, there are very few places being allocated for state sponsored visas, and they are able to cherry pick only the applicants with the highest points.  I doubt 75 would ever get you there.

Edited by Marisawright

Like that song.   "Im still waiting la la la la"

75 point + 5 SS total 80. Eoi went in end of August 18....nothing.

There are loads of accountants applying so hugely competitive however as @Raul Senise once posted there is a lack of experienced accountants. Im not hopeful on the 190 now, luckily we may have found a sponsor (and a flipping good one at that).

14 hours ago, Leighbee98 said:

There are loads of accountants applying so hugely competitive however as @Raul Senise once posted there is a lack of experienced accountants. Im not hopeful on the 190 now, luckily we may have found a sponsor (and a flipping good one at that).

You are right, the lack of experienced accountants is a real problem.  I'm retired now but in my latter years working (as a facilities manager), I worked for an outsourcing company and spent short periods at many different companies.  I got used to dealing with Malaysian or Chinese accountants whose ability with figures was excellent, but who could barely string a comprehensible sentence together, or write a coherent report. They were often raw graduates with a good knowledge of theory but a lack of practical understanding.  Often they were working without any supervision or guidance. 

Of course they were probably being hired at bargain salaries, but I always wondered whether those companies understood the potential damage they were doing to themselves!

• Like 1