register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Vijena

Student visa

Hello, 
I'm an international full time student currently in Darwin. I have a personal insurance with Allianz.  My husband wants to join me here. I wish to know if it's necessary to have a couple plan or he can get a personal one. What are the immigration requirements? 
Thank you for your help. 

Dear Vijena! I know being student sometimes could be hard, because it's hard to work and not miss the deadlines at the same time, so i hope you find a way out. Also, if your husband is also gonna be appying to university, he need to write  personal statement, By the way, on which course are you currently in?

Thank you for your reply. I'm doing a diploma course in ECEC. Yes, it's not very easy when you have to work also. No, he won't be doing any course yet. He'll be on a spouse visa. 

9 hours ago, Vijena said:

Thank you for your reply. I'm doing a diploma course in ECEC. Yes, it's not very easy when you have to work also. No, he won't be doing any course yet. He'll be on a spouse visa. 

If you are on a Student Visa you cannot sponsor someone for a Spouse Visa. You need PR for that.

You would need to add him as a dependent on your student visa.

Yes, i read that on internet today. I'll start by taking a couple medical insurance instead of the single one i have. Then i'll apply for the dependent visa for him. 

Thanks 🙂