Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!


Overseas Travel Permanent Resident - need bridging visa??

Recommended Posts

Hi all.

I was granted PR May 2016.

Application for citizenship sent in January 2018.

Overseas travel to UK for 5 weeks coming up September 2018.

Do i need a bridging visa it is my PR status enough?

Thanks in advance. 

Having a small freak out as hadn't even thought about a bridging visa, i called the immi hotline to advise the dates i will be overseas.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

When you are granted PR, you are given a 5 year travel facility.  What that means is, you can travel to and from Australia as often as you like for 5 years.  You're still within that 5 years, so you're fine.

Citizenship is not a visa.

  • Thanks 1

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you! You are confirming what I was thinking but that little bit of doubt snuck in there! 

You have saved me a long wait on hold to immi again, greatly appreciated ?

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now