ACS : "With Assessor" after 25 days !

Guest Scamp1976

Guest Scamp1976

Can't believe it, 2 days after I got a message stating I would probably have to wait for 7 more weeks, I get "With Assessor" which means the letter is in the post.

That means it took only 25 days to assess my skills using ACS !

*Keeps fingers crossed* :jiggy:

Guest stockies

Well done Scamp1976, we put ours in 2 1/2 weeks ago, fingers crossed we wont be to long .

Claire .XX

Guest Scamp1976

I must admit we had put a LOT of time in the preparation of the paperwork. The preps took about 3 months ( having everything translated ( english isn't our primary language ) took a lot of time ). But I'm glad they serviced the application so quickly. I really am. Now it just needs to be MODL and positive result :)

Guest Marianne

Hi there, Just thought I'd let you know that our agent sent off my husbands ACS application a couple of weeks ago. He said that although the website says up to 12 weeks wait for reply, the last two he sent off only took 6 weeks. I'm pretty sure that I read a thread a week or so on here that said their's was back in 4 weeks so fingers crossed we will all know soon.:cute:

I must admit it ahas been a lot of hard work for my husband and he had to re-write most of his CBOKS to make them more 'acceptable' to the ACS, so he for one was glad when it was all over and finally winging it's way over there.

Any idea what part of Oz you are going to?. We were going to be sponsored by my cousin in Victoria, but now the agent thinks we can get a state sponsored permanent visa, so we are looking at Western Australia instead (warmer climate!!)

Hope you get your results soon and that everything is positive for you.:yes:

Kind Regards.

Guest Scamp1976

We're not sure yet. We've been looking at Sydney, but oh my god is everything expensive over there, not just the food but also the houses, they seem to 'start' at around 400.000$ AUD.

And we are looking for something waterfront, haha.. so , no sydney for us ( waterfronts start around 2 million in Sydney ). I get the feeling everyone in Australia must be a millionaire in order to afford the houses there ! But perhaps they are just 'wishing' prices, and not real prices, no idea.

Anyway, we're thinking somewhere between Sydney and Brisbane. So :

- Sydney

- Woy Woy / Brisbane lakes / Gosford area

- Hawkesbury river area

- Lake Macquarie !

- Port Macquarie !

- Newcastle

- Toukley area

- Forster area

- Gold coast

- Brisbane

That's about the 'region' we're looking at.

We have more or less ruled out Melbourne and Adelaide for weather reasons, and Perth for secluded reasons AND work reasons. So .. Sydney would be ideal IF the prices were a LOT lower ( let's start at 50% of what it costs now for instance )

So, all in all we're not sure yet. This part of ACS will be the most stressing one, since if we get ACS , we get visa. If we don't , we don't get visa.

Guest Marianne

Yeah, we are pretty much the same really. If we pass the ACS then we have been told we are pretty much guaranteed a Visa, but Fail and that's the end of the dream.:cry:

Don't know quite how we will cope if that happens, can't bare living in this country for any longer than we have to now. We are moving for the kids more than anything (Aged 7 and 5). Don't want them to grow up here anymore.

Anyway enough of that depressive talk...we WILL pass and we will be going!!!:yes:

Not sure what the job prospects are like in Perth for IT people, think it's probably better on the east coast but my hubby will only go if its Perth as the weather is to much like England in Melborne and I've just read it's snowing there at the moment!.

We want sun, sea, lovely beaches and an outdoor lifestyle for the kids, instead of being couped up indoors for most of the year cause it's too cold or raining!!

Guest Scamp1976

amazing, we have the same reasons. We're completely fed up with The Netherlands. It's starting to become like a mix of a communist and a policestate ( the worst of both worlds ! ).

Any regulation or new law that comes out seems to be squeezing more money from us now or in the future, or otherwise be negative for us. It's all going downhill with the 'healthcare state' that holland was, it's not like that anymore, and thus it's time to leave.

We don't have any kids but have animals, and I think it's as hard to move them than it is to move kids around :P... been busy for MONTHS arranging all the vaccinations, RNATT tests and quarantine stuff. We didn't even think about what we would do if we had to stay here.. probably buy a tank and drive it through the council house or something.

I heard Perth is really beautiful, with loads of big , long beaches, and nice weather all year round. I think for IT jobs you're better off in Melbourne / Sydney or Brisbane, but Perth is big, really big, so if your hubby has some skills he should have no problem finding a job there.

We're going for a skilled indepentant non-sponsored visa. We like freedom to move anywhere we want and have the points to do so ( luckily ) so... off we go :D

Next week we will go on holiday to france, and when we come back we should receive the ACS results AND the IELTS results AND the statutory declarations from friends, so we should be able to send in everything before the end of the month ( YEA ! )

can't wait to be gone from here, both me and o/h need a change !

Archived