Pension’s

plodling2002

Good morning/afternoon. Could you please give me some advice regarding my pension because I’m at my wits end. I was born in October 1963, joined the Navy straight from school at 16 (1980), and served about 10 years so I have a small index linked pension there. I then worked for a company called GKN, again for about 10 years and also paid added voluntary contributions, I think the pension was with the Prudential, I then worked for a drainage company who paid my NI contributions , during that time I believe I opted out of the gov pension scheme!! I then went self employed for a short while, I then moved to Australia in 2012 and I’m now a police officer in QLD which has a decent superannuation scheme, I joined the police in Oz at 50 and therefore have to retire at 60 so I can only do 10years service, so not enough to retire on!! I know that I have a few years of NI contributions missing. My questions are these: How the hell do I find those pensions? how do I pay the missing years of national insurance, because I want the uk pension obviously! Who do I contact. I just seem to be going around in circles. Any help would be appreciated- thank you in advance Rick