190 and tss sponsorship

kala1178

I am currently in Australia on a tourist visa and plan to be here for near future. I have had eoi for 189 since oct with no luck. I have applied for job sponsorship and I have been lucky enough to get one (not yet applied for the visa yet) however, I have just been invited to apply for 190 for Queensland. The problem here is to meet the criteria I can not work. 

My question is, can I apply for tss sponsorship visa and 190 at the same time and also, can I then work in Queensland once my 190 visa is submitted? 

Its all very confusing and don’t want to risk the 190 but could really do with working and getting an income. 

Thank you for any feedback 

Thank you for you reply. My concern is working. The criteria for state sponsorship is being off shore (which technically I am as I am only a tourist) or working in Queensland for 6 months. Does the working part not count once I’ve submitted my 190 application or would I then have to work 6 months to proceed? 

1 hour ago, kala1178 said:

Thank you for you reply. My concern is working. The criteria for state sponsorship is being off shore (which technically I am as I am only a tourist) or working in Queensland for 6 months. Does the working part not count once I’ve submitted my 190 application or would I then have to work 6 months to proceed? 

Technically has nothing to do with it. If you are physically in Australia, even on a tourist visa, you're "onshore".

Edited by Marisawright