Where's the cheapest land you can buy in Aus?

Alltogethernow

1 minute ago, Alltogethernow said:

With all that space, surely there are blocks or acerage (somewhere!) for, say, for five or six grand!?

Doesn't have to be with a sea view!

ATN

There probably are, but remember much of inland Australia is very dry, and currently in drought. Land might be cheap, but is it liveable?

11 minutes ago, Alltogethernow said:

With all that space, surely there are blocks or acerage (somewhere!) for, say, for five or six grand!?

ATN

Do you want to live on it or just own it?

Acreage which includes a home or permission to build one on habitable land is not going to be that cheap anywhere I would think.  Aren’t you looking to work in Melbourne?  Land will be pricey anywhere within reach of Melbourne.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Gbye grey sky said:

Do you want to live on it or just own it?

Acreage which includes a home or permission to build one on habitable land is not going to be that cheap anywhere I would think.  Aren’t you looking to work in Melbourne?  Land will be pricey anywhere within reach of Melbourne.

Just shooting the breeze. 

I'd like to park my campervan (with a large on board water tank) on it a few weeks a year!

ATN

Edited by Alltogethernow
  • Haha 1

Richmond, Central Qld, this comes up every few years. Have actually thought of doing this.

https://www.domain.com.au/news/the-north-queensland-town-offering-800sqm-of-land-for-10-20170503-gvy3pn/

As GGS says, plenty of land to park a 'van on.

I spend a few weeks every year on the Keep River, far NW of the Northern Territory for no cost, well, 200 km return trip to Kununurra for groceries.

Cheers, Bobj.

• Like 2

Have a look on realestate.com.au

You can specify 'Land' as the property type and a minimum land size. You'll probably have to enter at least a state (QLD, VIC etc) as I don't think you can search the whole country.

Specify Max price value, sort by price and away you go. Haven't seen anything under $10,000 when I had a look for QLD, there were some around the $15,000 mark. Quite a few were auctions though, so they may have sold/sell for low amounts.

• Like 1

Don't really have to go that far out of Perth to find decent sized blocks that seem fairly cheap. We have a lot of semi retired and retired friends with good caravans who buzz off to Ningaloo and say how beatiful it is. They have to take  everything with them but end up parked on a glorious beach with no one else around. Snorkelling, fishing and generally relaxing in great weather this time of year. 

Not done it ourselves yet but we are getting closer to retirement?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Paul1Perth said:

Don't really have to go that far out of Perth to find decent sized blocks that seem fairly cheap. We have a lot of semi retired and retired friends with good caravans who buzz off to Ningaloo and say how beatiful it is. They have to take  everything with them but end up parked on a glorious beach with no one else around. Snorkelling, fishing and generally relaxing in great weather this time of year. 

Not done it ourselves yet but we are getting closer to retirement?

Yes, one day we are going to be doing this stuff too.  Only a few more years......thoough don’t want to wish our lives away.  ?

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Alltogethernow said:

ATN

You can buy land for peanuts. The bit where they did the nuclear testing is probably pretty cheap.

• Haha 1

A lady I know has a large block for sale cheap.  Needs some water etc but it’s not too shabby, and the price will drop over the next 6-12 months.  If interested I’ll get you her number?  Has a funny name from memory, New Welsh or something like that....