calNgary

before you moved to Australia had you,,,  

145 members have voted

1. 1. before you moved to Australia had you,,,

• never been before
    • been on a holiday or two
    • carried out a reccie trip
    • lived here before and are returning

I came here on Holiday for New Years to ask my O/H to marry me didn't expect to be back for two years lol She emailed me at work with the Wedding date well she did ask for a month and a date lol Didnt except to be back here so soon. Didn't help having to watch wanted down under for 5 weeks while i worked knowing i only came back from here in January and it would take for every for us to get everything together as i heard I would have to attend an interview at the embassy Just glad people where trying to scare me off the idea failed to scare me.

Guest Scamp1976

Both me and o/h have never been there !.. the closest we came is watching Lord of the Rings ! hahah

Guest Bebe

I have been on a couple of long holidays to Brissy area (which is where we are planning to start out). OH has never been there yet and we do not plan on doing a reccy. He says he trusts my judgement- poor deluded fool!!!:wacko:

My Mum does live on the Gold coast though and so we will have some family support(emotional) when we get there!

We are heading to Sunshine Coast as I have been offered a job in Nambour.:smile:

Stacy

Guest erinfay

never been, going blind, thought i was a bit mad :goofy: but mind at rest a bit now i know there are plenty others going without going before

Guest One-And-Only

Born in Australia and lived there for nearly 9 years, then moved to England and now back in Australia!

Guest The Stevenses

My husband was out here on business in 2005 for a total of 4 months, although not all in one go. He loved Sydney but it took a while to persuade me! I had never been.

Have been in Sydney just over 2 months now and so far so good!!

Jo

Yes I am mad too! Never been but heard so much from friends, work colleagues and my own daughter that I can't wait to give it a go. I don't even have any doubts I know thats odd but its the case.

Both my parents have passed away so I will be leaving no one behind perhaps thats what makes the decision easier for me. Plus I am 40 for goodness sake, if I dont't try something different soon I may just go mad!:goofy:

Guest stockies

We had just gt married and David had to go out and work in oz for just under 3 months , so I thought he not going without me so I jacked my job in and went with him, ( couldnt really afford but thought what the heck). !!!!!

He then had several more trps working in oz whilst i looked after our darling (wicked) little boys. Then opportunity came for us all to come out on a holiday for a month 7 yrs ago , we wanted to move out then, but timing wasnt right ( i know its never the right time)

January this year we started to think lets go for it (still crap timing ) but it was now or never.!!!!

Archived