AHPRA Proof of Australian Residential Address

LeeH

On 06/09/2018 at 14:04, LeeH said:

So yesterday I presented myself, passport, stat decs and visa etc to AHPRA. I thought they'd tell me there and then that finally, all was complete and that I was finally registered as a Nurse in Australia. But no! I now have to wait 'up to a week' for an email from my registration officer!!

Is this normal!? It's taking forever to jump through their endless hoops!!!!

Hi LeeH,

When you present yourself to the office, has your certificate of goodstanding expired at that time?

If so, do you need to request another one?

• 2 months later...
On 09/09/2018 at 01:55, SWMOY04 said:

Hi all.

any rough ideas how long AHPRA reg. is taking from submission of all docs to reg. in principle? Rough estimates will do

I want to time my notice period in England and inform my Oz Employer of a rough landing date.

I submitted all my stuff about 6 weeks ago and I know the payment was processed about 4 weeks ago.

Hi, SWMOY04

did you got a job offer even before AHPRA reg? 

thanx

• 7 months later...
On ‎06‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 18:00, Jenki75 said:

In March I opened a bank account online, flew over and had the bank print off a statement.  I listed both addresses with the bank, an Australian address and my home address. I provided a friends Australian address. I had read about others who provided the bank with their AirBnB address and this was OK. AHPRA was happy with the  bank statement showing the Australian address.

You also have to keep your boarding pass as proof and print off a copy of your visa. I used a holiday visa and just printed the confirmation.

Good Luck

Sorry to jump in but I am in the same position as the OP. What bank account did you open and did you need to get a statement or correspondence sent to your friends oz address? I have an uncle in Oz whos address I can use but the trouble is he is travelling up in QL for a few months so wont be able to forward any post to me as he wont be at home.

1 hour ago, Djwbru said:

Sorry to jump in but I am in the same position as the OP. What bank account did you open and did you need to get a statement or correspondence sent to your friends oz address? I have an uncle in Oz whos address I can use but the trouble is he is travelling up in QL for a few months so wont be able to forward any post to me as he wont be at home.

I opened a bank account online with Commonwealth bank, I walked into the branch and showed my ID, verbally gave them the Australian address and then they made sure all bank statements would just be online and not physically mailed. The branch printed off the bank statement and I took it to AHPRA. AHPRA also took the Australian address but I could have a 2nd address for mail. My AHPRA mail comes to my home address in Canada.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Jenki75 said:

I opened a bank account online with Commonwealth bank, I walked into the branch and showed my ID, verbally gave them the Australian address and then they made sure all bank statements would just be online and not physically mailed. The branch printed off the bank statement and I took it to AHPRA. AHPRA also took the Australian address but I could have a 2nd address for mail. My AHPRA mail comes to my home address in Canada.

Oh my gosh thank you!! I almost cried when I read the letter as I thought I was passed all this faffing about!! It's been one thing after another so far and nothing has been straight forward in this process. 

Wanted to book my flight last night but this has made me wait as I wasn't sure what to do! Thank you, it seems straight forward now! 🤞😊