AHPRA Proof of Australian Residential Address

LeeH

Hello

I have received my In Principle letter of approval from AHPRA and been asked to present in person in the next 3 months. My question is that they've asked me to provide evidence of residential address in Australia, but I don't have this! They've suggested Utility bills (gas, electricity) but I obviously don't have this either.

I've heard of people in the past opening bank accounts, is this still accepted by AHPRA?

In March I opened a bank account online, flew over and had the bank print off a statement.  I listed both addresses with the bank, an Australian address and my home address. I provided a friends Australian address. I had read about others who provided the bank with their AirBnB address and this was OK. AHPRA was happy with the  bank statement showing the Australian address.

You also have to keep your boarding pass as proof and print off a copy of your visa. I used a holiday visa and just printed the confirmation.

Good Luck

Edited by Jenki75
  • Like 1

On 06/08/2018 at 18:00, Jenki75 said:

You also have to keep your boarding pass as proof and print off a copy of your visa. I used a holiday visa and just printed the confirmation.

Thanks for that! Did you get the online ETA visa and print that somehow?

Just a quick question. Has your COGS expired yet? Mine expired 3 days before I arrived to present in person. If yours has also expired, the AHPRA office have a declaration form that you have to complete saying you are still in good standing. The AHPRA office gave me a list of notary public's and I walked 10mins to get the declaration signed and stamped.

Which office are you presenting at? I presented at the Sydney one.

• Like 1

On 08/08/2018 at 20:03, Jenki75 said:

Just a quick question. Has your COGS expired yet? Mine expired 3 days before I arrived to present in person. If yours has also expired, the AHPRA office have a declaration form that you have to complete saying you are still in good standing. The AHPRA office gave me a list of notary public's and I walked 10mins to get the declaration signed and stamped.

Which office are you presenting at? I presented at the Sydney one.

Yes my COGS and ICHC expired ages ago I think!

As stated in their In Principle letter, they said I'll have to sign statutory declarations. I have printed these off (via the AHPRA website links they provided) with a view of signing them in front of them at their Sydney office, but do they get you to go and get more documents certified?!?! How come you can't just sign them in their presence in the office?? (And how much are certified docs in Sydney?)

On 06/08/2018 at 18:00, Jenki75 said:

In March I opened a bank account online

Also, How did you go about getting the letter with your Australian address on it? I'm just trying to open a bank account online and it's accepting addresses outside Australia only..!

So firstly I went to the Bank in Sydney and gave them my Australian address. Then they printed me off a document, like a statement of account showing my Australian address. They signed the document and I took it to AHPRA. I used the Commonwealth Bank (Com bank).

When I presented to AHPRA they informed me of the stat declaration. They gave me a list of close by justice of the peace, because they had no one in the AHPRA office that could do it. The Justice of the peace was free. Hope this helps.

• Like 1

On 14 August 2018 at 02:15, Jenki75 said:

So firstly I went to the Bank in Sydney and gave them my Australian address. Then they printed me off a document, like a statement of account showing my Australian address. They signed the document and I took it to AHPRA. I used the Commonwealth Bank (Com bank).

When I presented to AHPRA they informed me of the stat declaration. They gave me a list of close by justice of the peace, because they had no one in the AHPRA office that could do it. The Justice of the peace was free. Hope this helps.

Jenki, could i please be a nuisance and ask for your advice,

I am in a similar situation as to what you were in regards to proving an australian address - I will be staying in a hotel as flying over solely to present to an AHPRA office and unfortunately i do not know anyone well enough in australia to use their address. do you know if AHPRA will accept a hotel address?

Many thanks 

Jen x

I think they will. I have read about other people providing their lodging address to the bank. The bank will put both your home address and your Australian lodging address on file (just provide the postal address of where you are staying), then the bank can print out a confirmation letter with your account address.

Before I left for Australia, I had emailed the branch to confirm they would provide me with a confirmation print out and they had no problem.

Edited by Jenki75

On 24/08/2018 at 03:33, navjeet said:

hie Jenki will u plz send me cv for aphra nursing registration 

Hi Navjeet 

AHPRA have guidelines on the CV format, I have attached a link for you to follow 

https://www.ahpra.gov.au/registration/registration-process/standard-format-for-curriculum-vitae.aspx

On 20/08/2018 at 19:00, Jenki75 said:

I think they will. I have read about other people providing their lodging address to the bank. The bank will put both your home address and your Australian lodging address on file (just provide the postal address of where you are staying), then the bank can print out a confirmation letter with your account address.

Before I left for Australia, I had emailed the branch to confirm they would provide me with a confirmation print out and they had no problem.

Ah thanks so much for getting back to me - I'm just worrying and trying to get everything done correctly as I don't fancy flying over again. Good idea emailing the bank I will do that too ?

Hope the process is going smoothly for you x

On 20/08/2018 at 19:00, Jenki75 said:

The bank will put both your home address and your Australian lodging address on file (just provide the postal address of where you are staying), then the bank can print out a confirmation letter with your account address.

So just to confirm, you didn't have to provide any proof of your Aus address (like a utility bill etc) you just told it to them??

9 hours ago, Jenki75 said:

That's right LeeH!  I just told them the address. I had emailed the bank to confirm this ahead of time though.

Hi Jenki75,

sorry to be a nuisance again.

can I please ask what you requested/where you got the information from for the tax residency form - Commbank are requesting this as part of the identification process.  

I have contacted the HRMC and they advised that this is for self-employment people only and as I am employed, is a P60 sufficient enough? 

Hope this make sense x 

Hi Jen3103,

So I applied for a bank account online as someone planning to move https://www.commbank.com.au/personal/can/moving-to-australia/planning-your-move-to-australia.html?pid=100441&sc_psk=41078&sc_crkey=195721309178&c 

They wanted my tax number from my home country which has been Canada for the past 25 years. It was my Social insurance number that I provided, I believe this would be your National insurance number in the UK.  They were happy to accept this until I permanently re-locate to Australia. Once you land and settle in Oz permanently you will need a Tax file number in Australia and you will need to update the bank with this information..

So yesterday I presented myself, passport, stat decs and visa etc to AHPRA. I thought they'd tell me there and then that finally, all was complete and that I was finally registered as a Nurse in Australia. But no! I now have to wait 'up to a week' for an email from my registration officer!!

Is this normal!? It's taking forever to jump through their endless hoops!!!!

On 06/09/2018 at 03:04, LeeH said:

So yesterday I presented myself, passport, stat decs and visa etc to AHPRA. I thought they'd tell me there and then that finally, all was complete and that I was finally registered as a Nurse in Australia. But no! I now have to wait 'up to a week' for an email from my registration officer!!

Is this normal!? It's taking forever to jump through their endless hoops!!!!

Hi Lee, 

Hope it went well the other day and was straight forward

When AHPRA emailed me the other day they advised that it will take 5-10 days to finalise my registration after presenting. Hopefully you will still be Oz for this time just incase any issues arise but fingers crossed its plain sailing. 

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks its huddle after huddle 

LeeH,

I was told in the Sydney AHPRA office I would be registered but it would take a week or so for my name to show on the register. I checked the register everyday and found my name listed before they sent an email confirmation.

I'm glad you got everything sorted out with the bank and proof of ID. I'm sure you will be registered once they enter your final documents.

Hi all.

any rough ideas how long AHPRA reg. is taking from submission of all docs to reg. in principle? Rough estimates will do

I want to time my notice period in England and inform my Oz Employer of a rough landing date.

I submitted all my stuff about 6 weeks ago and I know the payment was processed about 4 weeks ago.