ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Kelly!!!!!

Separate sponsorship app-Partner 309

Hi all, 

So quick breakdown of our relationship: 

-I'm Aussie whilst my hubby is a brit and we're currently living in UK 

-been together 4.5 years; three years in September we would of been married, so we're waiting till after then to apply (fingers and toes crossed for 100 visa!). 

Quick question, when I've been doing my research a lot of blogs/migration agents have mentioned how a new process for sponsors was meant to come into play in 2018. 

I believe it was where the sponsor would need to get approved first before the partner visa could be submitted. This was something that was getting debated in the Australian senate I believe.  Does anyone know if this is actually the case, as i'm very confused. I know that I obviously have to submit a form on the online immi account but I don't know whether we need to wait till I get 'approved' as such first, I thought we did my sponsor info together with his app for visa at the same time. 

Any guidance would be SO appreciated. 

Thanks everyone! 

Kelly 

58 minutes ago, Kelly!!!!! said:

Hi all, 

So quick breakdown of our relationship: 

-I'm Aussie whilst my hubby is a brit and we're currently living in UK 

-been together 4.5 years; three years in September we would of been married, so we're waiting till after then to apply (fingers and toes crossed for 100 visa!). 

Quick question, when I've been doing my research a lot of blogs/migration agents have mentioned how a new process for sponsors was meant to come into play in 2018. 

I believe it was where the sponsor would need to get approved first before the partner visa could be submitted. This was something that was getting debated in the Australian senate I believe.  Does anyone know if this is actually the case, as i'm very confused. I know that I obviously have to submit a form on the online immi account but I don't know whether we need to wait till I get 'approved' as such first, I thought we did my sponsor info together with his app for visa at the same time. 

Any guidance would be SO appreciated. 

Thanks everyone! 

Kelly 

There has been a lot of talk about this but I've not seen any confirmation that its currently effective. Hopefully one of the forum's migration agents will be able to clarify.

309/100 lodged 03.02.2017 - Meds/UK Police requested 10.02.17 - AFP requested 04.03.2017 - Health Clearance 05.04.17 - AFP uploaded 26.04.17 - 100 Granted 02.05.2017 - arrived Melbourne 16.06.2017 and now living our dream!!

There is no confirmed date for the implementation, or associated  extra charges, if any.

If you need it, take some professional advice, but and get an application lodged  -  Any changes re sponsorship or other criteria are unlikely to be for the better.

Westly Russell Registered Migration Agent 0316072 www.pinoyau.com

Hi all,

Thanks so much Beffers and and Wrussel; really appreciate your prompt answers. 

This makes lots of sense because I have done so much research and have not actually found anything to support this "sponsor approval" in the form of a new process etc. 

Really appreciate it. 

Kelly:)

When it becomes L-A-W law, you will find out all about it if when you try to lodge.

Westly Russell Registered Migration Agent 0316072 www.pinoyau.com

Why wait?  If you can prove de facto relationship for three years + do it now.  Marriage doesn’t really make a difference, you don’t have to be married at all for the 100 to be granted.

So many wineries ......so little time :yes:

Hiya Rammygirl, 

Trust me I would lol but we were doing long distance and not living together before we got married so I think we can only really go from our marriage date as proper ‘de facto, shared lives’ kinda stuff. 

Thanks though:) 

kelly