Deadline on entry to Au

Katalinka

Hello,

Please help! ?Can you please tell me when one is to enter Australia once the spouse visa has been granted. Our case is a bit complicated as we have a fair deal of things to take care of and we need to know how much time we still can be in our home country. I came across a piece of info which stated that the time is counted from the date provided on the medical check-up. Is it really so? And if so when are you asked by the officials to provide it. How does it work? Thanx.

31 minutes ago, Katalinka said:

Hello,

Please help! ?Can you please tell me when one is to enter Australia once the spouse visa has been granted. Our case is a bit complicated as we have a fair deal of things to take care of and we need to know how much time we still can be in our home country. I came across a piece of info which stated that the time is counted from the date provided on the medical check-up. Is it really so? And if so when are you asked by the officials to provide it. How does it work? Thanx.

Your meds and police checks are valid for 12 months, and that's normally the specified date of entry. So for me I had my meds done March 2017 and when my visa was granted, I had until March 2018 to enter and validate the visa. 

• Like 1

You have to make first entry within 12 months of police or medical check, which ever is the earliest. However, that doesn't mean you have to make the move then. It can be a holiday or literally, walk through immigration and get on the next flight home. You have five years from the date of grant to make the actual move