Contradiction in email and the invitation

Kaleem

Hello everyone

I applied for Tasmania state sponsorship subclass 190 in June. On July 25th, I received an email from Tasmania state department, saying that they will be sponsoring my subclass 190 application. Moments later, I received another email with the title "Decision on your application". In this email they confirmed that I will receive an invitation form SkillSelect for subclass 190.

However, when invitation arrived on the same date from SkillSelect, it was for subclass 489. 

Now I am confused. Is it a mistake, or the applicants who receive Tasmania state sponsorship only get subclass 489 invites? Shall I contact Tasmania and SkillSelect to get further clarification? 

Please help.

Today my agent contacted Tasmania State department to ask for this contradiction. Tas state department confirmed my doubts and replied that I received the 489 invite by mistake and I was indeed supported for a 190 visa. They have asked me to lodge a new EOI so they can link it to the invitation and a new 190 invite will be issued soon.

On 07/08/2018 at 16:03, Kaleem said:

Today my agent contacted Tasmania State department to ask for this contradiction. Tas state department confirmed my doubts and replied that I received the 489 invite by mistake and I was indeed supported for a 190 visa. They have asked me to lodge a new EOI so they can link it to the invitation and a new 190 invite will be issued soon.

Congrats! 

May I know which Category did you use? Via 2year study(C1) or Working in TAS for 6 months(C2)?

If C2, may I know what occupation you are? 

25 minutes ago, XK-NL said:

Congrats! 

May I know which Category did you use? Via 2year study(C1) or Working in TAS for 6 months(C2)?

If C2, may I know what occupation you are? 

I applied under category 3(A ) Offshore applicant with job offer. My occupation is Mechanical Engineering