Psychological Well Being Practitioner

Hello everyone

I have recently emigrated to Oz in April. I was working at the NHS as a Psychological Well Being Practitioner providing CBT therapy on low intensity mild to moderate depression anxiety, panic, phobias sleep disorders. I applied for few NEW Access coach jobs but had no luck.. Can anyone advise me first the job prospects in this area, 2ndly if if there are any further qualifications i would need to get to get accredited here. Thirdly what kind of course would help me practice as a CBT therapist independently.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Best wishes to everyone

Monjistha(Mon) 

Nothing stopping you putting out an ad for private practice as a counsellor, anyone can do that but whether they get any work is another matter. You’ll be competing against registered psychs for work and as they can claim from Medicare they are always going to get preference. If you want to work in that field then registration as a psychologist is optimal.  Psychs are ten a penny in Australia so I would imagine that Brisbane is well over supplied with them. But your best bet might be the NGOs offering counselling services who can’t afford psychs.