What would you do...

What would you do; I was offered a job sponsorship under a 482/TSS visa back in April, the company have various locations and it took a while but they nailed down a location and put me in touch with their location managers.

Bear in mind this is all while i'm in the UK waiting on news...They then tweaked things three times so despite still wanting to put me in NNSW/South QL i got changed to three different potential locations and three different managers, all of whom were awful at communication.

Anyway, the communication was few and far between and then complete radio silence - it was absolutely gutting. Then, after about 6 weeks of silence the person that recruited me called with a massive apology and saying they've had a lot of issues with area managers and visa changes affecting where they can send me and they offered me Adelaide, Townsille or Cairns.

The day before they called we went ahead and paid a retainer to a migration agent to start a 489 process for NT as my girlfriend's job is on the list.

I've now had another call after emailing to say i preferred Townsville. The call was the company saying they can get the ball rolling with a 482 for Townsville if i want it.

SO the dilemma is; 482 in Townsville meaning that in 6 months we can apply for a 190 in QL should her job stay on their 'on shore list' or stick with the 489 for NT and forget the sponsors because of how they've messed me around. I'm really stuck because my heart says sack off the job but my head says it's a way in to the country and a 190 in QL, a 489 in NT means we'd have to live there and we never visited NT and it's clear that it isn't the easiest place to settle and find work.

8 hours ago, Marisawright said:

I'd say go for Queensland.  Darwin is one of those places you either love or hate.   Not everyone cares for far north Queensland either, but the good thing is, if you don't like it you can move more easily.

That's the answer i wanted to hear! Even though the sponsor has been a bit annoying i know that after 6 months we can apply for a 190 and then i won't be tied to them and like you say, won't be tied to northern QL