You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

TheKeetons

Offshore partner migration processing times plus changes in forms!

Hi - I was just about to finalise gathering my evidence together before lodging my offshore 309 partner migration provisional visa and I couldn’t believe the current processing times - 21-26 months. Is this really the case? Could this change and get less? 

Also, does anyone know when the knew process will kick in when the Sponser needs to be approved first before you submit the partner migration form?

Thanks

29 minutes ago, TheKeetons said:

Hi - I was just about to finalise gathering my evidence together before lodging my offshore 309 partner migration provisional visa and I couldn’t believe the current processing times - 21-26 months. Is this really the case? Could this change and get less? 

Also, does anyone know when the knew process will kick in when the Sponser needs to be approved first before you submit the partner migration form?

Thanks

The processing times went up within the last month, connected to the closing of the Madrid office and London therefore handling more applications.  There's no rhyme and reason how they work and why some people get quick grants and others take longer. Once you apply and pay the fee, you'll get a standard acknowledgement, and also there will be a standard letter on there with information about meds. You'll also be given access to the document upload screen.  After that, it's the waiting game.  A case officer will contact you if they need further info or to tell you to get your meds and police checks done. 

In in terms of new sponsor requirements, I don't know when they are due to kick in but maybe someone else will respond. Good luck.

309/100 lodged 03.02.2017 - Meds/UK Police requested 10.02.17 - AFP requested 04.03.2017 - Health Clearance 05.04.17 - AFP uploaded 26.04.17 - 100 Granted 02.05.2017 - arrived Melbourne 16.06.2017 and now living our dream!!

Thanks for your help. I thought they were all processed in Oz. 

2 years is a long time to wait and a lot can happen in that time. Mmmmmm.

• Like 1