Statutory decs

Katalinka

Hello everyone,

I am intending to proceed with the Statutory Declarations from both my husband and me and my friends. A couple of questions have arisen and i would be grateful if you could set me on the right track:)

1. Which is better to write ours online or to upload them?

2. As for our friends...they are non Australians. Can we forward them uncertified? As noted in one of the posts, there was no fuss about it/

3. How long are these? I think I have written mine for 8 pages just on paper.

4. I may ask one of my Australian friends to do it for me. Do you know how much the service of certification costs in Australia? I feel uncomfortable about having to ask people to go into so much trouble and paying. 

Please send in a word of advice on how I should proceed.

Thanx:)

What are you using the Stat Dec for? I used one for my skills assessment in lieu of a statement of works, as I didn’t wish to inform my employer of my intents to emigrate before I knew I had a realistic chance of getting a visa. As mentioned by a previous post, it’s a legal document as per the Statutory Declaration Act 1835 and in order to be valid, needs to comply with that legislation. For my stat dec., I hired a Notary Public to draft the declaration and make sure it was compliant.

I might be confusing it all. That's why I need a little help. What I have in mind are statements of relationship (proof that our relationship is genuine and continuing& the nature of our relationship )by me and my husband and statements by our friends. 

2 hours ago, Katalinka said:

I might be confusing it all. That's why I need a little help. What I have in mind are statements of relationship (proof that our relationship is genuine and continuing& the nature of our relationship )by me and my husband and statements by our friends. 

Statements by friends who hold Australian PR or citizenship MUST be on Form 888 and include a copy of the passport/visa or citizenship certificate. 

If they are NOT Australian it doesn't matter, they can be on any paper r stat dec form but do not even have to be witnessed. Reason being = if a PR or citizen lies then the form must be legally biding so action can be taken aginst them if necssary. If they are not PR/citizens then the department cannot take action anyway, so no need for it to be legal.

This is completely different from any rules surrounding stat decs for Skills Visas. 

Just found information that the statement can be either written individually or jointly 'a signed written statement detailing the history of your relationship, either individually or jointly...'. I have written quite a detailed piece if work. Frankly speaking, it would save some time especially that my husband is not that fluent. What's your advice?

• 3 weeks later...

Our Australian stat Decs were witnessed by a notary etc. Our UK ones were witnessed but not by a notary. In terms of our own statements on our relationship, we typed up separate ones and signed and dated these as individuals. We were advised by Australia House to do separate ones last year but that may have changed.

We also then wrote a joint supporting statement for each bundle of evidence we uploaded, so our numerous pages of financial evidence had a cover sheet breaking down what pages constituted what evidence, and how this supported our application (I.e. Pointing out joint expenses etc), for social, we put in a statement as to what evidence we provided and cross referenced this to our Stat Decs by witnesses where appropriate, and also to annotated bank statements to show expenditure relating to social activities, so all out evidence and statements were all interlinked across different evidence types to prove we were genuine, in other words, it wasn't just words on a page, it was supported by evidence to prove it was real.  Basically we didn't leave any wiggle room for Immi to doubt the genuine nature of our relationship. 

Edited by Beffers