489 visa Grant waiting 2018

Gurjant

On 17/01/2019 at 17:58, Renault said:
On 17/01/2019 at 14:42, Alka said:
No, No amends as well.. the last updated date is 27th oct 2018. My agent says that it takes 7-9 months. But looking at people getting direct grant in 3 months is making me little nervous.

Oh okay. What occupation have you applied for? Don't think that matters though

Edited by Alka

On 18/01/2019 at 19:56, Alka said:

Hi There, 

I got 489-SA invitation on 7-Jan-19 and I need to lodge by application before 9-Mar-19. I have also submitted EOI for 190-Vic on 12-Nov-18, now I am confused if I should wait for 190-VIc considering the benefit it offers or go ahead with 489-SA. 

can anybody tell me if I miss 9-Mar-19 deadline for 489-SA, can I re-submit EOI for 489-SA? will they consider my application once again or is it one invitation per applicant and will reject if I re-submit?

I just want to give some more time to 190-Vic as its been only 9 weeks to my submission which includes Christmas holidays, as I am not aware how many days they are closed during Christmas. 

6 hours ago, Skhush said:

Hi There, 

I got 489-SA invitation on 7-Jan-19 and I need to lodge by application before 9-Mar-19. I have also submitted EOI for 190-Vic on 12-Nov-18, now I am confused if I should wait for 190-VIc considering the benefit it offers or go ahead with 489-SA. 

can anybody tell me if I miss 9-Mar-19 deadline for 489-SA, can I re-submit EOI for 489-SA? will they consider my application once again or is it one invitation per applicant and will reject if I re-submit?

I just want to give some more time to 190-Vic as its been only 9 weeks to my submission which includes Christmas holidays, as I am not aware how many days they are closed during Christmas. 

Its competitive process, so i suggest wait until the deadline and if you don't get the Victorian nomination by then go for SA 489. I am pretty sure you will get Victorian nomination by then if you have enough points. One other person i know got his nomination last week, application was submitted in Sep.

53 minutes ago, garrychandi said:

Its competitive process, so i suggest wait until the deadline and if you don't get the Victorian nomination by then go for SA 489. I am pretty sure you will get Victorian nomination by then if you have enough points. One other person i know got his nomination last week, application was submitted in Sep.

Thanks for sharing information. any idea if the person you know applied for ICT Project Manager and what points ? 

5 hours ago, JetBlast said:

If you have put an EOI for another state VIC will probably reject you anyway. They have for quite a number of people.

I thought Victoria would know if I applied for 189 and 190 both. 489 is very regional specific how would Victoria government would know about the other regional submission. 

I thought Victoria would know if I applied for 189 and 190 both. 489 is very regional specific how would Victoria government would know about the other regional submission. 

All states have access to see what EOI have been submitted. Someone on here applied to both VIC and SA with an EOI for a 489. VIC come back first and rejected him on the basis he isn't commited to the state because he applied for SA as well. 

Hi There, 

How many points you've got and which occupation for Victoria 190?

Just now, Renault said:
7 hours ago, Skhush said:
Hi There, 

How many points you've got and which occupation?

ICT Project Manager 190-Vic with 75 points and 489-SA with 80 points

Okay. Just to give you a perspective. I know a friend of mine applied for Vic-190 in June'18 for Software tester with 75 points. She's yet to receive invite from Vic. Not sure if this is entirely related to yours in spite both the occupation are related to ICT.

2 minutes ago, JetBlast said:

All states have access to see what EOI have been submitted. Someone on here applied to both VIC and SA with an EOI for a 489. VIC comes back first and rejected him on the basis he isn't commited to the state because he applied for SA as well.

That's new! my MA did not mentioned this and suggested to apply for 489 as a backup. anyways I submitted 190 on 12-Oct-2019 and then 489-SA on 7-Dec-2018. I wish and hope they might have done my application search before 7-Dec-18 😛 . my 190 is still in submitted status not rejected yet 

4 minutes ago, Renault said:
7 minutes ago, Skhush said:

Okay. Just to give you a perspective. I know a friend of mine applied for Vic-190 in June'18 for Software tester with 75 points. She's yet to receive invite from Vic. Not sure if this is entirely related to yours in spite both the occupation are related to ICT.

I am not sure about software tester. ICT Project Manager and ICT Business Analyst relates to ICT I assume. I am aware the invites for ICT Business Analyst are still coming through from Vic but not getting information on ICT Project Manager if they are inviting any/

37 minutes ago, Skhush said:

That's new! my MA did not mentioned this and suggested to apply for 489 as a backup. anyways I submitted 190 on 12-Oct-2019 and then 489-SA on 7-Dec-2018. I wish and hope they might have done my application search before 7-Dec-18 😛 . my 190 is still in submitted status not rejected yet 

I guess your agent probably submitted multiple EOIs ?  If not ask him to do that as Victoria won't invite you if you stated your preferred state as WA or ANY

3 hours ago, Perspective said:

I mean on 5th November with all the required documents... 

i am still waiting 😞  lodged on 27th oct.. nothing happened till date.. i pass each day thinking i will hear some good news tomorrow!  the wait is awful!

On 27/01/2019 at 15:26, parveen said:

I applied on 18 oct 2018 still received any idea how long it take all documents are uploaded

You may try to check to get an idea of the grants and/or CO contact dates.....

Edited by MaggieMay24
Removing reference to external site.