489 visa Grant waiting 2018

Gurjant

I read in some other forum, that a person was rejected to have visa because he did not put that he was in military when he was 19, though they know that in old USSR all man requred to be solder for 2 years. Another case I read that a girl was diognosed TB so she was told that she can apply again when she will be threathened.

But lets just finger cross that all will be good. 

14 hours ago, mallan82450 said:

There are some people on here that answer most posts and I have found them quite negative when I read through . . . So much so that I think they enjoy seeing people worry. They aren't qualified so take them with a pinch of salt.

Aha, but I also see people who are too optimistic.  When you apply for a visa, even if you have paid your fees, there is always a possibility you will not be successful.

We don't know what the percentage is, but even if it is only 5% of visa applications, that is still something people need to be aware of.  To assume they've paid their fees and so they'll get the visa is just not true.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gaukhar said:

I read in some other forum, that a person was rejected to have visa because he did not put that he was in military when he was 19, though they know that in old USSR all man requred to be solder for 2 years. Another case I read that a girl was diognosed TB so she was told that she can apply again when she will be threathened.

But lets just finger cross that all will be good. 

It doesn't matter that he thinks they should know he has to serve in the military, the question asks whetther he has served and he has, so should declare it.

TB - it is quite common to see peop,e refused for that, and advised to reapply when they are cleared. 

So those are just a couple of cases where refusal can come at the last minute.

There is no guarantee until the visa is granted. I know this. My husband and I are luving with a refusal ar the last minute that even surprised our agent. So I am not saying this to upset people, I am saying it because it is true.

It is also why Immigration advise people not to sell houses and give up jobs until they have the visa in their hamds. 

On 09/01/2019 at 18:26, Dadda said:

Hi Dadda,

I agree with mallan that some of these replies are overly negative. They're absolutely true but I can see how they may come across as blunt and overly harsh.

The reality is that your visa is not guaranteed, even after paying all the fees. You submitted the EOI - great! You got nominated by a State already - great! You applied for the visa, got the police checks, did the medicals and paid all the fees - great! You've done everything right so far based on what you've described (as long as you haven't lied on your application or forgotten important details or anything like that. I'm not accusing you of doing that at all, though).

But there is no guarantee that you will get the visa grant, or even if you did, the Australian government can cancel it at their own discretion, even after you've moved your life to Australia. But they would only do this for a very good reason. Remember that Australia thrives off migration. As for the comments people have made about entire visa classes being shut down, yes that happens. However, you've applied for the 489 visa, which is actually a great visa to be using at the moment. Most of the anti-migration sentiment is due to the overcrowding of places like Sydney and Melbourne but the 489 specifically supports the lower populated cities like Darwin or Adelaide. These smaller cities and towns are crying out for more migrants, and as the 489 ties you to them for at least 2 years plus the 887 processing time, they love this visa!

No one on these forums, even the migration agents who post here, can tell you that everything will be fine and you'll definitely get the visa. But there's still a really good chance that everything will be fine. As long as you've completed all your applications truthfully, not missed anything off, can back up all your claims and have the right documents, the medicals and police checks are ok etc etc etc, then you shouldn't worry.

But just to reiterate, don't sell your house, book flights or make any big plans until that visa is official and you've been given the grant! It's perfectly fine to believe that it will come through and plan for that because it probably will, but it doesn't hurt to have a back up too.

• Like 7

Aha, but I also see people who are too optimistic.  When you apply for a visa, even if you have paid your fees, there is always a possibility you will not be successful.
We don't know what the percentage is, but even if it is only 5% of visa applications, that is still something people need to be aware of.  To assume they've paid their fees and so they'll get the visa is just not true.
In all fairness the vast majority of refusals on forums are due to the applicants errors. The undeclared military service mentioned here for example. Another examples include people not providing documents, over calculating points, applying when they are not eligible etc.

3 hours ago, JonandSophietravel said:

Hi Dadda,

I agree with mallan that some of these replies are overly negative. They're absolutely true but I can see how they may come across as blunt and overly harsh.

The reality is that your visa is not guaranteed, even after paying all the fees. You submitted the EOI - great! You got nominated by a State already - great! You applied for the visa, got the police checks, did the medicals and paid all the fees - great! You've done everything right so far based on what you've described (as long as you haven't lied on your application or forgotten important details or anything like that. I'm not accusing you of doing that at all, though).

But there is no guarantee that you will get the visa grant, or even if you did, the Australian government can cancel it at their own discretion, even after you've moved your life to Australia. But they would only do this for a very good reason. Remember that Australia thrives off migration. As for the comments people have made about entire visa classes being shut down, yes that happens. However, you've applied for the 489 visa, which is actually a great visa to be using at the moment. Most of the anti-migration sentiment is due to the overcrowding of places like Sydney and Melbourne but the 489 specifically supports the lower populated cities like Darwin or Adelaide. These smaller cities and towns are crying out for more migrants, and as the 489 ties you to them for at least 2 years plus the 887 processing time, they love this visa!

No one on these forums, even the migration agents who post here, can tell you that everything will be fine and you'll definitely get the visa. But there's still a really good chance that everything will be fine. As long as you've completed all your applications truthfully, not missed anything off, can back up all your claims and have the right documents, the medicals and police checks are ok etc etc etc, then you shouldn't worry.

But just to reiterate, don't sell your house, book flights or make any big plans until that visa is official and you've been given the grant! It's perfectly fine to believe that it will come through and plan for that because it probably will, but it doesn't hurt to have a back up too.

I'd like to give this three "likes" and make it a sticky post...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JetBlast said:

In all fairness the vast majority of refusals on forums are due to the applicants errors. The undeclared military service mentioned here for example. Another examples include people not providing documents, over calculating points, applying when they are not eligible etc.

The problem is that none of those people knew they had made an error until it was too late.  If they'd known, they wouldn't have done it, would they?

• Like 1

Hi Dadda,
Excellent reply! Even I think. No point being overoptimistic or being too negative. You do your job and be open to the consequences. Do whatever you can
  • Like 1

Hi Dadda,
Excellent reply! Even I think. No point being overoptimistic or being too negative. You do your job and be open to the consequences. Do whatever you can

3 hours ago, JetBlast said:

I got my grant! Applied 23/10/2018 - granted 11/02/2019. 80 Days exactly.

Congratulations jetblast on your grant🎉

can you please share your timeline ( occupation, state as well please ) and also were you onshore or offshore when you applied the visa?

On 30/07/2018 at 20:56, vikram chopra said:

I am waiting for 489 visa.

TRA skill assessment positive - 24 Feb 2018

Invitation received from SA - 07 May 2018

489 Visa applied - 24 May 2018

Medical and PCC done - 26 May 2018

Application status - Received 26 May 2018

How many points &  which occupation you have applied? C

Hi Everyone,

I am new to this forum. Waiting for my visa Grant for subclass 489 (SA).

Visa applied - 27th oct 2018, all documents uploaded upfront.

Points - 85

Application status - Received 

Any update , when can I expect the grant?

Hi Everyone,
I am new to this forum. Waiting for my visa Grant for subclass 489 (SA).

Visa applied - 27th oct 2018, all documents uploaded upfront.

Points - 85

Application status - Received 

Any update , when can I expect the grant?

Hi Alka. Welcome to the forum. You should've by now received grant. I've seen@jimbo applying on 30th October getting one. I thought it's on 1st come 1st basis unless CO have asked for additional information.Have they?

1 minute ago, Renault said:

Hi Alka. Welcome to the forum. You should've by now received grant. I've seen@jimbo applying on 30th October getting one. I thought it's on 1st come 1st basis unless CO have asked for additional information.Have they?

Thanks @Renault!! CO has not contacted yet and no documents are requested. The status is at 'received' so I am little anxious. Do you think we should contact them?

1 hour ago, Renault said:

Oh okay! Did you make any amends then ?

No, No amends as well.. the last updated date is 27th oct 2018. My agent says that it takes 7-9 months. But looking at people getting direct grant in 3 months is making me little nervous.

No, No amends as well.. the last updated date is 27th oct 2018. My agent says that it takes 7-9 months. But looking at people getting direct grant in 3 months is making me little nervous.
Oh okay. What occupation have you applied for? Don't think that matters though