489 visa Grant waiting 2018

Gurjant

Very well, hold on to your hat:

• Jan 15 2015: first contact with MA.
  • June 2017: TRA successful assessment.
  • Nov 2017: applied for SA sponsorship.
  • Nov 2017 (20ish days later): SA state sponsorship granted.
  • March 2018: 489 application lodged.
  • Dec 22 2018: VISAs granted.

Total Duration: 4 years (minus 3 weeks).

Renault, given the fact you've applied on Nov 15 it could only take couple of months in your case. I would say you'll get your grant before the spring comes, say before March. You could even start looking for jobs if not already on it. Good luck and be patient. Your new life is around the corner, waiting for you!

Edited by Dan.S
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Renault said:

Thanks for such a detailed timelines Dan! Yeah fingers crossed. Assuming it's a holiday season, there won't be much movement until 2nd week of Jan. Will keep you and this thread posted of any status change. Connect soon. Take care!

There have been reports of 489 grants on 31/12/2018 and 02/01/2018.

• Like 1

We are hitting the 2 month stage since our EOI went in for Northern Territory. The Territory website says 2-3 months although our MA told us it has been taking longer and it was 3-4 when we lodged but here's to hoping it could come any time from now.

75% done in 7 months once the visa application is submitted according to the Home Affairs, would hope to fit into that bracket being as we're using an MA. 

Anybody know what kind of time people are waiting on 489s at the mo?

We are hitting the 2 month stage since our EOI went in for Northern Territory. The Territory website says 2-3 months although our MA told us it has been taking longer and it was 3-4 when we lodged but here's to hoping it could come any time from now.
75% done in 7 months once the visa application is submitted according to the Home Affairs, would hope to fit into that bracket being as we're using an MA. 
There are a number of people that have been granted a 489 within 100 days of application.

40 minutes ago, JetBlast said:
3 hours ago, lewisant48 said:

There are a number of people that have been granted a 489 within 100 days of application.

Wow!

On 04/01/2019 at 14:44, lewisant48 said:

Wow!

Yeah, it looks like the case officers appear to be picking up applications around the 2-3 month mark. If everything is there (full application, police checks, medicals etc.) and they have no outstanding queries or issues, they may give you a direct grant. I've seen quite a few people getting grants at around the 75-80 day mark recently and some as quick as 45.

Obviously, everything can change and all cases are different. But still, positive news 🙂 We applied 3 1/2 weeks ago so got our fingers crossed for a Feb/March grant.....

• Like 1

So glad I found this group and so lovely to hear peoples success stories.

We are waiting to get assigned a case officer for 489 visa. 

I'm starting to have a panic about this type of visa -  does anyone know if you have to pay for schooling with 489 visa and if employees will be less reluctant to hire you on this type of visa with it not being permanent.

Thanks

Sonia

I'm starting to have a panic about this type of visa -  does anyone know if you have to pay for schooling with 489 visa and if employees will be less reluctant to hire you on this type of visa with it not being permanent.
Thanks
Sonia
Hi Sonia. Can you share your timelines and state you've applied 489 for. For schooling fees refer to thread https://www.pomsinoz.com/applications/tapatalk/index.php?/topic/198716-Time-to-migrate-to-Adelaide---Please-Help!! . Jobs I know of friend of mine who was on a similar visa 4 years back did not come across any employer treating him differently just beca1use he was on 489.
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Renault said:

Hi Sonia. Can you share your timelines and state you've applied 489 for. For schooling fees refer to thread https://www.pomsinoz.com/applications/tapatalk/index.php?/topic/198716-Time-to-migrate-to-Adelaide---Please-Help!! . Jobs I know of friend of mine who was on a similar visa 4 years back did not come across any employer treating him differently just beca1use he was on 489.

Thanks for that link.

We're applying for SA

17th Oct invited to apply for a 489 Skilled State Nominated Provisional visa.  

22nd Nov visa application for a 489 Skilled Regional Sponsored Visa  lodged  

19th Dec Medical done

Are there any secondary teachers from UK with this type of visa who have successfully found work?

Hi Team, I would appreciate if someone can help me with my confusion.

We have applied for Visa on 5th of November 2018 and submitted medical and all the documents including form 80 maximum by 10th of November and we have recently completed 2 months for south Australia 489 visa application.

How long from now, should I expect the visa? I have no idea what's going on with our application as the visa application was submitted by the MARA agent and I have no idea or clue how to track it. He just asked us to wait but it is difficult sometimes:(

1 hour ago, Dadda said:

Hi Team, I would appreciate if someone can help me with my confusion.

We have applied for Visa on 5th of November 2018 and submitted medical and all the documents including form 80 maximum by 10th of November and we have recently completed 2 months for south Australia 489 visa application.

How long from now, should I expect the visa? I have no idea what's going on with our application as the visa application was submitted by the MARA agent and I have no idea or clue how to track it. He just asked us to wait but it is difficult sometimes:(

Hi Dadda,

There's no way to know for sure. The 489 visa page is advertising 75% completed within 7 months and 90% complete within 9 months but I've seen some visas come through in as little as 2 or 3. Don't make any concrete plans until you get the confirmation though.

Also, it will depend on if the case officer has any questions or if there's any missing forms or documentation. If everything is perfect, you might be lucky enough to get the grant fairly soon. If not, the case officer will contact your agent for whatever it is that they require and I'm sure you're agent will let you know straight away.

11 hours ago, Sonia H said:

I'm starting to have a panic about this type of visa -  does anyone know if you have to pay for schooling with 489 visa and if employees will be less reluctant to hire you on this type of visa with it not being permanent

A 489 visa is temporary, but as it's state-sponsored and has a pathway to permanency, employers aren't worried about it.   AFAIK you don't pay for schooling on a 489 visa in SA.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dadda said:

By any chance is there a possibility that the visa won't come at all I mean it can be cancelled or something like that what is it showed that visa will come but it's just about the time?

Have you just applied?   If so, then yes, it is possible that they will reject your application. 

1 hour ago, Dadda said:

No, its the 489 visa(last step after EOI) which I applied in November. Why did you say they will reject the application? And if so, I would appreciate if you can direct me to some link, where it is mentioned.

Maybe I am not understanding your question.

When you apply for a job, maybe they will give you the job, or maybe they will not give you the job.

When you apply for a visa, it is the same thing. 

4 hours ago, Dadda said:

No, its the 489 visa(last step after EOI) which I applied in November. Why did you say they will reject the application? And if so, I would appreciate if you can direct me to some link, where it is mentioned.

You might fail the medical, you might not actually meet the requirements for that visa. The visa class might be scrapped and everyone refused.

Never assume a visa is granted until it actually is.

So after EOI invitation we pay the total fees for visa aprox 3750+1875, the medical is clear and all the documents are submitted, after all these we wait for visa,, are you saying they still won't give the visa? 

Nemesis -You might fail the medical, you might not actually meet the requirements for that visa.

TO ANSWER YOU - (if we fail the medical, the medical team will will give us proper medications and the visa time will get delay until medical is not clear, incase we have a disease which is not curable, the medical team will tell us within a week. If the visa requirement is fulfilled or not is decided at the time of EOI so unfortunately this answer is wrong.

If so, I would appreciate if this time you can redirect me to some link where it is mentioned please?

As far as I am aware at the time of ACS when you submit all the documents and then 2nd step EOI, where we get the invitation from the country or state, it is decided that they want us or not and then only we receive the invitation or if we are not suitable or not in demand for the occupation, the application will be rejected. After all these steps, we pay the total fee of around 4500AUD for visa and it is just the waiting time which can be longer or shorter(7-12 months) to get the visa stemp.

Clear me if ai am wrong:)

Edited by Dadda

6 minutes ago, Dadda said:

So after EOI invitation we pay the total fees for visa aprox 3750+1875, the medical is clear and all the documents are submitted, after all these we wait for visa,, are you saying they still won't give the visa? 

If so, I would appreciate if this time you can redirect me to some link where it is mentioned please?

As far as I am aware at the time of ACS when you submit all the documents and then 2nd step EOI, where we get the invitation from the country or state, it is decided that they want us or not and then only we receive the invitation or if we are not suitable or not in demand for the occupation, the application will be rejected. After all these steps, we pay the total fee of around 4500AUD for visa and it is just the waiting time which can be longer or shorter(7-12 months) to get the visa stemp.

I have no idea whether they will give you a visa, but until you have that visa in your hand do not assume you will get it. The Department can and does change its rules overnight, even passing a medical and character test does not guarantee you will get a grant. 

Do some research into the "cap and cease" issue. There have been entire visa classes wiped out overnight, people who have completed all the steps and are just waiting for a decision, and then Immigration decide to abolish the entire class and everyone gets a refusal.

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/skilled-workers-angry-at-visa-cap-and-cease

10 minutes ago, Dadda said:

There are some people on here that answer most posts and I have found them quite negative when I read through . . . So much so that I think they enjoy seeing people worry. They aren't qualified so take them with a pinch of salt.

That said it is a forum so they are entitled to do so.

I also don't think anyone can answer your question , you'll just have to wait. Sounds positive though.

Good luck.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mallan82450 said:

There are some people on here that answer most posts and I have found them quite negative when I read through . . . So much so that I think they enjoy seeing people worry. They aren't qualified so take them with a pinch of salt.

That said it is a forum so they are entitled to do so.

I also don't think anyone can answer your question , you'll just have to wait. Sounds positive though.

Good luck.

You are absolutely right.. I am not looking for false hopes but at the same time their post are not relevant and I don't see anything matches related to what they say on Google. As per their answers you pay bunch of fees and still your visa will be cancelled as if it's a joke. if this is the case the first and 2nd step (ACE+EOI) were not supposed to be there. Only after all the documentation, medical and character certificate and alot more, we reach to this level. It's is not that they will just reject your visa until there is a "very very solid" reason without substitute or for any over night rule, in that case no one will apply for Australian Visa. I don't think people have tones of money and time to just take this risk.

Even in a case like maternity for medical issue, visa authority give you time to get that sorted rather just cancelling the visa and those are the cases which take 9 to 11 months to get grant.

The timing is not sure it can take from one week to one year to get the visa as per the situation however not getting visa is not just a normal case.  Unfortunately the answer from Nemesis shows that not getting visa is like 9 cases out of 10. (Hahahha)

Anyways thankyou everyone for your time:)

2 hours ago, Dadda said:

You are absolutely right.. I am not looking for false hopes but at the same time their post are not relevant and I don't see anything matches related to what they say on Google. As per their answers you pay bunch of fees and still your visa will be cancelled as if it's a joke. if this is the case the first and 2nd step (ACE+EOI) were not supposed to be there. Only after all the documentation, medical and character certificate and alot more, we reach to this level. It's is not that they will just reject your visa until there is a "very very solid" reason without substitute or for any over night rule, in that case no one will apply for Australian Visa. I don't think people have tones of money and time to just take this risk.

Even in a case like maternity for medical issue, visa authority give you time to get that sorted rather just cancelling the visa and those are the cases which take 9 to 11 months to get grant.

The timing is not sure it can take from one week to one year to get the visa as per the situation however not getting visa is not just a normal case.  Unfortunately the answer from Nemesis shows that not getting visa is like 9 cases out of 10. (Hahahha)

Anyways thankyou everyone for your time:)

Where did you read that the visa authorities will give you time to get a medical issue sorted?

The reason there is a waiting time after you pay your fees is that they have to review your case and make a final decision whether to approve your visa. If it was guaranteed or automatic, it could be granted immediately