489 visa Grant waiting 2018

Gurjant

7 hours ago, Vick said:

Hi Yamaan I applied in orana nsw.

I wanted to ask you and everyone who’s waiting for the visa that if you get a visa grant of 489, are you able to live in any regional of Australia or just nsw ? Because I have been told that we can live any regional in Australia ? Which profession did you apply in ? Cook or chef ?

I wanted to ask you and everyone who’s waiting for the visa that if you get a visa grant of 489, are you able to live in any regional of Australia or just nsw ? Because I have been told that we can live any regional in Australia ? Which profession did you apply in ? Cook or chef ?
You can live in any regional area of that state that sponsored you. You can't live in a regional area of another state.

1 hour ago, JetBlast said:
1 hour ago, Yamaan said:

You can live in any regional area of that state that sponsored you. You can't live in a regional area of another state.

You are kinda right about other Aus states, but same is not true for NSW. As i remember, NSW has 8 different regional areas with their own occupation list and requirements. If you get invited by one NSW region, you have to live in that particular region for 2 years. 

You are kinda right about other Aus states, but same is not true for NSW. As i remember, NSW has 8 different regional areas with their own occupation list and requirements. If you get invited by one NSW region, you have to live in that particular region for 2 years. 
Sorry you are correct. I will shut up :)

9 minutes ago, garrychandi said:

Are you sure about it garrychandi?

3 minutes ago, Yamaan said:

Are you sure about it garrychandi?

I am not sure about other states, but NSW regions give you release letter if you don't find job in reasonable  time. What that means is you can move to other regional areas. Please consult with migration agent before making any decision, as it can come back to bite you considering current politics around regional Visas 

10 minutes ago, JetBlast said:
19 minutes ago, garrychandi said:

Sorry you are correct. I will shut up 🙂

Haha, all good mate. Did you get CO contact yet? I am following your journey for a while now

6 minutes ago, garrychandi said:

I am not sure about other states, but NSW regions give you release letter if you don't find job in reasonable  time. What that means is you can move to other regional areas. Please consult with migration agent before making any decision, as it can come back to bite you considering current politics around regional Visas 

Thanks garrychandi for the info, if you get some more info in regards to this, please update here, thanks 👍

• Like 1

On 03/12/2018 at 19:54, Dreamer 11 said:

Hi There,

Thought I'd join the 489 gang. My visa was lodged on 30th May 2018, Medicals were finalised on October 22nd 2018. So just waiting patiently now........

Just got Visa Grant in today! December 4th! Can't wait to fly out now in February!

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Dreamer 11 said:

Just got Visa Grant in today! December 4th! Can't wait to fly out now in February!

Congratulations Dreamer11, can you please tell us in which state and profession did you apply in ?

Edited by Yamaan

7 hours ago, Yamaan said:

Congratulations Dreamer11, can you please tell us in which state and profession did you apply in ?

I am a landscaper and was nominated by Northern Territory however I have been offered a job in Adelaide in SA which I have accepted. My visa grant is regional to Australia not just the Northern Territory so this is allowed.

On 21 November 2018 at 01:56, Dan.S said:

Hi everyone. Here is my time line:

• March 6: 489 application lodged, SA state sponsorship.
  • April 10: CO allocated, med checks requested.
  • May 1st: med check results submitted.
  • Aug 28: additional details requested, including form 80 to be filled in. Time to send documents: 28 days.
  • Sept 2nd: all documents sent.
  • Sept 21: confirmation received from CO, no other documents are required. The status changed to "This application is currently being assessed. The department may contact the applicant if further supporting documentation is required".

We are now (in)patiently waiting 😛 There's a fair chance for good news before Christmas. 🤞

Hi there,

What kind of documents has been requested. Have you do not lodge it with all. 

Hello All, thank you for response to my previous question.

I am redoing my EOI and got question 

Education history

Has the client completed, or is currently enrolled in any studies at secondary level and above?

What should I say yes 

if I have Masters in scince in Managment of Projects and my ancode is in STSOL lis? whey it is written 189? 

On 05/12/2018 at 14:53, Goddiss said:

Hi there,

What kind of documents has been requested. Have you do not lodge it with all. 

We've provided the requested docs (further proof of work, statements from the bank during that time) and since then, the CO contacted us again requesting updated police checks. Fingers crossed really. Today is my birth day, it would make for an awesome present! 🙂

Hello, All. 

Sorry for stupid question. 

I got invitation 13 dec. Doing application now. I am on the page of attaching docs. I need to do police check, and official translations of national ID. I read somewhere that I shoould apply in 2 weeks from invitation but it is written in the invitation that is 60 days(489 NT). So should I do payment and submit in 2 weeks and the rest docs  can be attached later when it will be ready? Or it is better to prepare all. attach and go to next and pay, submit? In this case it will be later than 2 weeks...

I read somehwre that payment may take 3 days, so and it may be later than 2 weeks from invitation. 

I just stuck with 2 weeks, maybe it was for another type of visa. 

Confused

Hi all,

Here's my timelines. Applied for 489 for SA with 80 points for occupation Financial Dealer NEC. Awaiting visa grant.

# Invited by SA on 22nd October

# Visa lodged on 15th November

# Police Clearence 19th November

# Health certificate 27th November

# IMMI Current Status - Received

2 hours ago, Renault said:

Hi all,

Here's my timelines. Applied for 489 for SA with 80 points for occupation Financial Dealer NEC. Awaiting visa grant.

# Invited by SA on 22nd October

# Visa lodged on 15th November

# Police Clearence 19th November

# Health certificate 27th November

# IMMI Current Status - Received

Seems like I dont need to wait police check to Lodge application...I can lodge and then attach Police check when it is ready da? and when i should do health check? Did they requested after lodge? or i missed something... 

• 2 weeks later...