Gurjant

1 hour ago, vikram chopra said:

I am waiting for 489 visa.

TRA skill assessment positive - 24 Feb 2018

Invitation received from SA - 07 May 2018

489 Visa applied - 24 May 2018

Medical and PCC done - 26 May 2018

Application status - Received 26 May 2018

At what point did you apply to SA for the state sponsorship please?

On 31/07/2018 at 07:53, Gurjant said:

My Visa lodge 

Date - 20 feb 2018 nsw 

Co contact for further documents june 5 

Document submission date june 27

Now in waiting 

Hello 

hello could u plz help me !! 

I have few inquiries!! 

1.Do we need to submit pcc before hand while Lodging 489 visa or we can add bit later ?? 

2. When are medicals required to do for 489 visa ?? 

3. How long is ielts certificate valid for dependants applicant ?? 

Thank u 

I was recently granted mine 

My timeline was - 

Arrived in Australia November 2016, living in Melbourne on a Working Holiday Visa, me and my fiance

Vetasses carried out in June 2017 and passed 4th August for 8 years skill in Film and Video Editing. 

Applied for 489 in August 2017 with 70/60 points

489 accepted by Tasmania November 6th 2017 and granted a Bridging visa with a week left on the working holiday visa

Moved to Tasmania in December

Medical carried out In December ( passed with Crohns disease )

Case officer contacted June 2018

Visa granted 2 week ago July 2018natly 

When I called the department to check waiting times when my employer wanted to extend my contract I was told the wait times for 489's was increased and would defiantly take up to 8 months possibly longer rather than the 6 that used to be advertised. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone. Here is my time line:

• March 6: 489 application lodged, SA state sponsorship.
  • April 10: CO allocated, med checks requested.
  • May 1st: med check results submitted.
  • Aug 28: additional details requested, including form 80 to be filled in. Time to send documents: 28 days.
  • Sept 2nd: all documents sent.
  • Sept 21: confirmation received from CO, no other documents are required. The status changed to "This application is currently being assessed. The department may contact the applicant if further supporting documentation is required".

We are now (in)patiently waiting 😛 There's a fair chance for good news before Christmas. 🤞

On 27/11/2018 at 18:01, Gaukhar said:

Hello, 

I just made application to NT 23 Nov 2018. Did EOI with 65 poits. I am turning to 33 in January and loosing points in January. Can anyoane suggest what can I do to get invitation before my birthday? I emailed them already... 😭

Thanks 

If your points go down before you are invited, it becomes invalid. its only get locked in if you have received the invitation. Try sending them email explaining your circumstances. Not sure about NT, but NSW fast track your application if you are loosing points due to age etc.

On 27/11/2018 at 01:01, Gaukhar said:

Hello, 

I just made application to NT 23 Nov 2018. Did EOI with 65 poits. I am turning to 33 in January and loosing points in January. Can anyoane suggest what can I do to get invitation before my birthday? I emailed them already... 😭

Thanks 

The NT application would become invalid, however the EOI would just update to reflect the loss of points due to age.

Hi Vick, I have a pretty similar timeline as yours applied visa on 12 sep and CO asked for further documents on 13 nov, I applied in Northern Territory (NSW) and where did you apply ? Keep updating about your case please or anyone who’s in the same scenario can discuss please ..

9 hours ago, Yamaan said:

Hi Vick, I have a pretty similar timeline as yours applied visa on 12 sep and CO asked for further documents on 13 nov, I applied in Northern Territory (NSW) and where did you apply ? Keep updating about your case please or anyone who’s in the same scenario can discuss please ..

I applied in nsw