Need advice 'Skill Assessment' - Metal Fabricator

JayNguyen

Hello all,

I currently hold the 407 - Training Visa which will be expired in May 2019. My next visa would be the TSS 482 visa which will require me to do the Skill Assessment because I hold a Vietnamese passport. Although my employer is willing to pay for the professional fees, they wouldn't let me do the Skill Assessment under Metal Fabricator because I cannot fabricate and weld. What I do is I regrind mincer's hole plates and knives using CNC Machines. 

Has anyone here ever done the Skill Assessment as a Metal Fabricator? Can you please give me some advice.

I appreciate.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Richard I have been interested in all your post and replies. I was looking myself to register as UNIT GROUP 3423 ELECTRONICS TRADES WORKERS, i have done my skill assessment of electronics engineer as of bachelor study from overseas. And i would like to register as ELECTRONICS TRADES WORKERS from my current work experience in Australia as most of my work duties resembles to its work duties. Is it possible to do so? Thanks.