Floor finisher

tricia w

Looking for a sponsor for a floor finisher (have one but wrong postcode ) passed the English test already. Turning 45 in Jan so time is against us. We are a family of 4.  Fits carpets, karndean, amtico, saftey flooring etc. Any help or leads would be amazing. Thanks so much 

What about the 187 regional? Is that not pr? To be honest 2 years out there with the kids would be an adventure for them. I'd just have to try my hardest (as I'm younger) to find a way. I'm a photographer here and was hoping to start a business there but not looked into it at all as yet. Just teying to find a way to get there first. It's a fab place isnt it x 

1 hour ago, tricia w said:

What about the 187 regional? Is that not pr? To be honest 2 years out there with the kids would be an adventure for them. I'd just have to try my hardest (as I'm younger) to find a way. I'm a photographer here and was hoping to start a business there but not looked into it at all as yet. Just teying to find a way to get there first. It's a fab place isnt it x 

You're right, the 187 regional is one way to do it, but finding an employer to sponsor you is very hard.  

If you really want to move to Australia, then have a consultation with an agent and get them to work out a plan for you.    The window is closing for your husband to get PR so you need to act fast.  The cost of an agent is peanuts compared to what it will cost you to migrate, and it's well worth the investment in your situation. Most will give you a free consultation to start, and there's a few good ones on these forums.  

If you can get a TSS (temporary) visa, then the employer should pay your flights and shipping to Australia and back, so I agree it would be a great adventure for you and the children.  However, that's how you should view it - as a short-term adventure, and you'll be going home at the end of it.   The fact that you're already in Australia won't give you any advantage in being allowed to stay. There are no magical extra visas that are only available to residents.  You still need to meet all the criteria for PR, same as if you were applying from the UK.

The idea of getting out to Australia on a temporary visa and then "finding a way" to stay is very risky and incredibly stressful.  I'm sure you've heard stories of people who've managed it - but that was in the past.  The government is making it harder and harder all the time.  We've had so many families on these forums who've tried it. They worked for two, three or four years, expecting to get PR at the end of it - and then the government changed the rules again, and they've been forced to go back to the UK, having spent all their savings and lost their house. 

Edited by Marisawright

That's how I look at it. It would be a cool adventure for the kids. Also lovely to have a family adventure to talk about in years to come. If we did manage to stay then brilliant. If not then home (id rent the house out) save and maybe do America or somewhere else in a few years. Just need to get there first. Thanks for your help