Public Speaking (gives me the jitters)

Red Rose

Fellow PIO's

I've long let my fear of public speaking hold me back in life,  I think it's the one thing that could really enhance my career as well as other facets of my life. 

Does anyone have experiences with courses such as toastmasters or any other recommendations?

Thank you! 

Edited by Red Rose

Guest The Pom Queen

I’ve often wondered about the toastmasters. It’s funny as when I enquirered about it a couple of years ago nobody seemed to want to talk to me ? no pun intended either. It was a sign up or we won’t answer questions kind of reply.

Its funny as my youngest is so nervous when doing public speaking but has always been told he is the best in the school and is often asked to represent them. He won’t do it as the stress is too much for him. It’s funny isn’t it that although you can be dying on the inside you can project yourself with such confidence.

On a business forum I am e member ofd the same question came forward. One member mentioned Toastmaster not being that great, because you are criticised for your performance by others (in order to make you better, but still). He liked Carnegie's puhlic speaking better. But it costs you.