Criminal record ?? Where do we stand ?

Jemma

Hey everyone ? 

me and my partner along with my two girls are planning to move to Australia , my parents moved over there 6 and half years ago and we are already in process with Visa-Go and are ready to make the first initial payment to get the ball rolling , I have 2 girls with a previous partner and I’ve already got them to sign the paperwork that’s  needed to move over there with their permission . That’s one step done , we are hoping to move over there on my other half’s skill ( diesel mechanic ) all being well . But we’ve recently come to a standstill . My other half was in youth offending prison when he was 16 for driving with no license , stealing cars etc , he got out of youth offending the day after his 18th birthday , he’s now 34 in August ( so it’s been 16years since breaking the law ) we applied for his criminal record , but we basically don’t know if it will affect our chances of getting over there , and with the criminal record part being right at the end of the application we don’t want to pay the £8,000 up to that point for them to tell us we can’t go because of his record . I was just wondering if anyone could shine some light on whether this would stop our application ?? Any advice would be great 

thanks very much much for reading .

jemma 

They said they can’t do anything until we’ve paid our first initial payment (£950.00) which is fine but the criminal record bit is right at the end of our application by that point ( because he sent us a breakdown of what we will be paying for whatever stages we do ) will be about £8,000 by the point where they’ll need criminal record , if it then fails we’ve lost £8,000

I understand that and thank you for your response, it's not that we won't pay it I just wanted some advice to see if anyone has been through a similar situation, we have the money for whole application but just wanted a little more info, thanks again [emoji846]

I am afraid it is going to be a tight one. I have seen people over the years get grants with worse records, but I have seen refusals with lesser ones. However,an good agent should give you a opinion on the chance of success before you pay for the visas. 

I have never heard of the agent you are using. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, VERYSTORMY said:

I am afraid it is going to be a tight one. I have seen people over the years get grants with worse records, but I have seen refusals with lesser ones. However,an good agent should give you a opinion on the chance of success before you pay for the visas. 

I have never heard of the agent you are using. 

This!

A good agent should be able to provide some advice regarding the risks etc prior to payment but at the end of the day, it's about how they put the application together, and how Immi view the youth offending, etc. 

l've never heard of that agent either. 

• Like 1

Visa-go are based in Edinburgh Scotland , they got my mum and dad over to oz , they’re really good , and I’m happy with using them as they got my parents over there , I’ll just have to ring him for some more advice and ask him how we go about it , thank you both so much for your advice it’s greatly appreciated

I would imagine imagine that if he hasn't been convicted after leaving the youth prison at 18 it would help your case, if he has then id say it would be near impossible. I think you need a good MA that has experience with criminal past on visa applications, however 2 years in Youth Prison seems like there would be a massive list of convictions thats a long time for just ""driving with no licence, stealing cars etc.. I would like to know what the ""etc"" was... 

• Like 1

Agree with above post. For a minor to be put away for two years there would be a big list of bad things. Your partner must make sure he's honest about everything.  As to whether you'll get in, no one can really tell you, you just have to try knowing you'll risk losing the money.  

• Like 1

All the things he done as a teenager were minor ( very wrong still ) we applied for his criminal record which was sent to us a few weeks ago and they’re a list of things he done before he was legally allowed to drive such as no license , no insurance etc , he hasn’t broken the law since he came out of youth offenders , and he’s turned his life around, and with it being so long ago I thought that might go in his favour , we are going to email our agent tonight and see what happens , thank you for all your help

In the 6 years your parents have been here, have you both visited them? if so,  did he declare his past on the tourist visas? if not this would be of bad character and be a negative impact, if they decide to dig deeper.. if he did and was granted a tourist visa this bows well.. As soon as they see criminal past the will check without a doubt any entries to Australia he has made. 

The above may not be relevant however I am just adding to the point above where 100% honesty on everything is the only way forward and a GOOD MA 

Best of luck to you..  

Edited by Samson

We haven’t ever visited no, my parents have only came home once , and we looked into going over for Christmas but decided the money we had to spend on flights we may as well put towards our visas. Speaking of tourist visas if this doesn’t go in our favour and we get declined visas could we still go for holidays ? Or would it affect him getting one ? Because surely if we decided to go over for a holiday and we declared all of his past and they did grant tourist visas then surely we could get permanent ones? Or is that a totally different ball game ? Thanks x

7 hours ago, Jemma said:

All the things he done as a teenager were minor ( very wrong still ) we applied for his criminal record which was sent to us a few weeks ago and they’re a list of things he done before he was legally allowed to drive such as no license , no insurance etc , he hasn’t broken the law since he came out of youth offenders , and he’s turned his life around, and with it being so long ago I thought that might go in his favour , we are going to email our agent tonight and see what happens , thank you for all your help

If you provide a copy of your criminal history record to your Agent they will be able to researcher it against the latest Character Regulations and Policy and advise whether it is going to present a problem going forward and the chances of overcoming any issues.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

BRILLIANT NEWS!! Spoke to our MA and we sent over copies of my other half’s record and he said because the offences were over 10 years ago he doesn’t think there would be a problem however we have to get 3 character references for our application ! Thank you everyone for your advice , hoping to move forward with our first part of the application on Friday [emoji16]

• Like 1