Where to live Brisbane Sunshine Coast or the Gold Coast ??

kelsta08

Hahahah yeh that’s true I’ve lived in the north of england once when I was a kid for a year but I’m from the south sounds good and are the rents reasonable on the north side compared to rest or are they all pretty much the same obviously living closer to the city would be dearer but wouldn’t want to be too far away x

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, kelsta08 said:

Very funny well what’s the point of the forum Hun was only asking as I’ve never been before was jus seeing if there are any decent beaches not far from the city

It wasn't intended to be funny nor snidy. "not far" could mean different things to different people as could "decent" and "city". What distance would you be prepared to travel for a beach and do you want a surf beach or a calm water beach?  By city do you mean the CBD, or do you include outer suburbs which are still classified as being in the Brisbane City catchment? Your question is akin to "how long is a piece of string" and requires more detail from you to be answered correctly and it is just as quick and easy to look at a google map/satellite (probably quicker) than it is to answer the questions that I have posed

• Like 3

On Tuesday, August 07, 2018 at 05:56, kelsta08 said:

Can anyone tell
Me how far of a drive from the city of Brisbane is the beach ? Or from the suburbs Carindale and indooroopillly ? Xx

JohnDoe is right when he mentions google. Google maps is invaluable if you've not been to a place before. You can go to street view and have a virtual walk round. It's easy to work out how far places are apart, how long it will take you to drive etc.

I like Brisbane but the man made beach thingy is OK but I prefer a real beach. Good for kids though. It's a drive to the nearest beach from Bris. If you could get a job close to the beach on the gold or sunshine coasts. By close I mean walking distance, it can make so much difference to your lifestyle.

Good luck.

• Like 2

If long sandy pristine beaches on your doorstep is important then don’t come to Brisbane.  There are some beautiful beaches out on islands like Stradbroke which is a very short ferry ride and then a bus or drive across the island from the Redlands where I live and Redcliffe just to the north of Brisbaneis fine too for many people.

But otherwise look to drive about an hour south to Gold Coast or about an hour to the Sunshine Coast and risk motorway hold ups.

Personally I love the coast and varied topography.  Miles of sandy beaches are just boring.

• Like 2