Pet Quarantine

Guest The Pom Queen

Guest The Pom Queen

After waiting over 2 years and having the wonderful help/support from Bob at Petair (even though he didn’t ship from the country my boy came from) I’ve  finally got my boy home. 

‘I would like to say though that I was disgusted at the state he came out of quarantine in. Another breeder had her boy from America released from quarantine the same day and he was in an emaciated state with every rib bone showing and tail bone protruding. Thankfully mie wasn’t that bad but put it this way if the rspca saw a dog in that condition they would be taking action. He went in to quarantine weighing 10kg and came out just over 6kg.

I know from,working in the quarantines that dogs do lose weight, they can stress in their new environment and refuse food. This boy though, since arriving with us has not stopped eating and he will eat everything in front of him. It’s going to be a long process getting his weight back on and getting him out of the timid stage but he is here with us now and that’s all that matters.

When chatting with the breeder with the American import she said a lot of dogs coming out this last month have been malnourished so please, if you are sending your dog/cat feed them up before they get here.

We have both put complaints in but being a government body I can’t see us getting anywhere.