register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Hutchy

UAE Police good conduct certificate

Hi everyone,

We are just starting our PR application process, and having lived and work in Dubai up until 2013 I am required to produce a 'good conduct certificate' from the UAE, specifically Dubai. There is an online application process which appears to be only valid for folks who have a current UAE bank account and valid UAE ID, which of course doesn't apply to us any more. Calls to the UAE consulate and emails directly to the service have so far gone unanswered (at least with any information on a workaround) so was hoping someone here has been through the same process. The only option at the moment appears to be to fly up to DXB and do it in person!

Any pointers gratefully received...thanks Hutchy.

On 12/07/2018 at 10:47, Hutchy said:

Hi everyone,

We are just starting our PR application process, and having lived and work in Dubai up until 2013 I am required to produce a 'good conduct certificate' from the UAE, specifically Dubai. There is an online application process which appears to be only valid for folks who have a current UAE bank account and valid UAE ID, which of course doesn't apply to us any more. Calls to the UAE consulate and emails directly to the service have so far gone unanswered (at least with any information on a workaround) so was hoping someone here has been through the same process. The only option at the moment appears to be to fly up to DXB and do it in person!

Any pointers gratefully received...thanks Hutchy.

Hi Hutchy,

I went through the process back in 2015 from Melbourne. UAE embassy in Canberra was estimating at least 3 months of turnaround time (and no guarantees) from application submission. If my memory serves well, this is how I did it:

- Downloaded application forms of criminal antecedents clearance certificate from embassy's website in Canberra

- Organized to give finger prints (one of the downloaded forms is for this purposes) with Public Enquires Service, Criminal Records Branch Victorian Police in Melbourne

Original finger prints certificates authenticated by Australian Department of Foreign Affairs & Trade

Legalization fee of 190 AUD (money order), passport size photographs, passport copies (current & old) of all applicants, copies of all UAE residence visas and a prepaid self-addressed return envelop was sent to UAE embassy in Canberra

Request to UAE embassy was to only legalize original finger prints certificates and send them back to me. Once received back I sent all necessary documents to my ex PRO in Dubai. He helped in getting the police clearing certificates directly, this saved lot of time and money, all process took approximately 6 weeks

Certificate's validity is 3 months only. I am not sure if above process is changed now but please do check

Hope it helps

FireBlade, thanks for that, and apologies for the late response. 

This is indeed useful, but we are hearing that the process has changed and it can all be done online - info direct from the horse's mouth. We've also been advised by our lawyer that we will need to wait to ask for the clearance as the visa application is taking so long the clearance will be out of date by the time its reviewed. All good fun...

Thanks again, and cheers, Hutchy.