Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Jonno1981

South Australia Subclass 190/489 applications (July 2018)

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Hi all,

Thought it might be useful to those of us going for South Australia state sponsorship to compare notes and timelines. Average processing time is stated as being 9-10 weeks. Our migration agent has said applicant numbers are high so this time frame could well extend.

Despite technical glitches with South Australia's online system we have lodged our application today for subclass 489 state sponsorship (75 points incl. SS). We were having problems adding in all the employment details so South Australia advised us to submit anyway and forward the remaining items separately. 

The demand for my nominated occupation must be quite high as it's status has already changed to "low availability" less than a week after the list was released!!! It took months last year.

Fingers crossed and best of luck.

 

Edited by Jonno1981

VETASSESS skills assessment 15/12/2017 (5 points), Pearson PTE Academic 23/02/2018 (L90, R90, S90, W89, 20 points), education (15 points), age (25 points), subclass 489 state sponsorship (hopefully 10 points).

EOI submitted: 10/07/2018. South Australia State Nomination application submitted: 11/07/2018.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dont tell me this!! I am getting my skills assessment changed to get in via another occupation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, JetBlast said:

Dont tell me this!! I am getting my skills assessment changed to get in via another occupation. 

I wonder if the new 65 point minimum is causing an influx of SS applications for SA? Or is this part of a normal cycle?

Not many nominated occupations have changed to "low availability" like mine. Either there was a high number of applicants or a reduced quota this year?


VETASSESS skills assessment 15/12/2017 (5 points), Pearson PTE Academic 23/02/2018 (L90, R90, S90, W89, 20 points), education (15 points), age (25 points), subclass 489 state sponsorship (hopefully 10 points).

EOI submitted: 10/07/2018. South Australia State Nomination application submitted: 11/07/2018.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am hoping I will be safe. I took a calculated risk. I switch to an occupation that isn't on any other SOL. So in theory it should have a lower application rate.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think SA is having a huge boost in applications due to the TSS being less desirable than the 457 and the increase in points to 65.

We're applying to SA under the high points category - just waiting for a successful skills assessment first and then will apply, assuming they don't bum,p up the high points requirement from 80 to 85, or even 90 like they did last year. Assuming everything goes well, we'll be on 80 points.

Hope everyone manages to get in 🙂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JonandSophietravel said:

I think SA is having a huge boost in applications due to the TSS being less desirable than the 457 and the increase in points to 65.

We're applying to SA under the high points category - just waiting for a successful skills assessment first and then will apply, assuming they don't bum,p up the high points requirement from 80 to 85, or even 90 like they did last year. Assuming everything goes well, we'll be on 80 points.

Hope everyone manages to get in 🙂

It appears they have filled the planning level for my nominated occupation already as it is now also special conditions apply (current minimum 80 points required). It took many months for that to happen last year, this year a matter of days!!! We only have 75 points, but luckily SA have confirmed to my MA they will honour the 65 points required at the time we submitted our application. 

Have you sat your English test? If not, might be worth doing that whilst you wait for your skills assessment result (assuming you are sure of a positive skills assessment). That would save some time and enable you to submit your EOI/state sponsorship application earlier. 


VETASSESS skills assessment 15/12/2017 (5 points), Pearson PTE Academic 23/02/2018 (L90, R90, S90, W89, 20 points), education (15 points), age (25 points), subclass 489 state sponsorship (hopefully 10 points).

EOI submitted: 10/07/2018. South Australia State Nomination application submitted: 11/07/2018.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/07/2018 at 07:16, Jonno1981 said:

Have you sat your English test? If not, might be worth doing that whilst you wait for your skills assessment result (assuming you are sure of a positive skills assessment). That would save some time and enable you to submit your EOI/state sponsorship application earlier. 

 

Just got IELTS results back today by chance. 9, 9, 8, 9 - soooooo happy got the 20 points we needed. All points now sorted just need positive skills assessment and for SA not to increase the points to 85 or 90 in the meantime.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×