South Australia Subclass 190/489 applications (July 2018)

24 minutes ago, Tobymuller said:

@Jonno1981 I received 189 invitation today. I’m not sure if I still need to wait for state nomination or apply for 189 visa. Also, what occupation did you nominate and how long it took to get an invitation ?. 

Thanks

Congratulations!!! 

If you’ve received an invite for 189 then no state nomination required, simply apply for the 189.

My occupation is Lab Manager, invite was immediately after I got state sponsorship for the 489.

We lodged EOI 190 for South Australia 13 weeks ago (end of august). Their website says processing time is 10 weeks. If it was a definite no, would we know by now?! And if the occupation is full, are there ever an extra invitations sent out? Please help!
Have applied directly to the state as well as submitting your expression of interest?

We lodged EOI 190 for South Australia 13 weeks ago (end of august). Their website says processing time is 10 weeks. If it was a definite no, would we know by now?! And if the occupation is full, are there ever an extra invitations sent out? Please 

1 minute ago, JetBlast said:
3 minutes ago, Gwatson said:
We lodged EOI 190 for South Australia 13 weeks ago (end of august). Their website says processing time is 10 weeks. If it was a definite no, would we know by now?! And if the occupation is full, are there ever an extra invitations sent out? Please help!

Have applied directly to the state as well as submitting your expression of interest?

Yes both but Still nothing

• 1 month later...

Hi there,

we finally got granted the 489 visa for 4 years after we lodged the application in Dec 2017. The document states that the stream is first provisional. I know provisional means that after 2 years we can apply for permanent residency (visa subclass 887) if we meet the requirements for PR. I just hope there is not a second provisional stream as the migration laws change every year. What really confuses me is the following visa condition:

"8539 - While the visa holder is in Australia they cannot live, study or work outside of a regional or low growth metropolitan area. This means anywhere in Australia except in:
• Sydney, Newcastle, Wollongong and the Central Coast in New South Wales • Brisbane and the Gold Coast in Queensland
• Perth and surrounding areas in Western Australia • Melbourne in Victoria • the Australian Capital Territory."

I thought we can just work in SA but as per this condition we are allowed to work in whole Australia now.

I called the Immigration Office today and the woman did not know and suggested I should contact the SA state regarding this condition. We are going to stay here in Adelaide anyways and Keep working in SA only but I thought they could be a bit more professional regarding this type of issues. I will keep ringing and annoying them with my questions as our residency in this Country depends on how well informed we are.

Good luck to all of you!!!

• Congratulations 1

• 1 month later...
On 22/11/2018 at 12:28, Tobymuller said:

Good news , I received 190 SA nomination today.

applied 16 September , occupation :chef

approved 20 November 

65 own points 

Hey have you done your prior studies in SA how king did you live in South Australia before apply for the visa ?! 

Thanks 

• 3 weeks later...
On 23/01/2019 at 06:15, Vaneche said:

Hi there,

we finally got granted the 489 visa for 4 years after we lodged the application in Dec 2017. The document states that the stream is first provisional. I know provisional means that after 2 years we can apply for permanent residency (visa subclass 887) if we meet the requirements for PR. I just hope there is not a second provisional stream as the migration laws change every year. What really confuses me is the following visa condition:

"8539 - While the visa holder is in Australia they cannot live, study or work outside of a regional or low growth metropolitan area. This means anywhere in Australia except in:
• Sydney, Newcastle, Wollongong and the Central Coast in New South Wales • Brisbane and the Gold Coast in Queensland
• Perth and surrounding areas in Western Australia • Melbourne in Victoria • the Australian Capital Territory."

I thought we can just work in SA but as per this condition we are allowed to work in whole Australia now.

I called the Immigration Office today and the woman did not know and suggested I should contact the SA state regarding this condition. We are going to stay here in Adelaide anyways and Keep working in SA only but I thought they could be a bit more professional regarding this type of issues. I will keep ringing and annoying them with my questions as our residency in this Country depends on how well informed we are.

Good luck to all of you!!!

Hi,

I am new to this forum, I have applied for 489 SA in Dec 2018 and waiting for the grant. I saw there is a condition mentioned in your visa and wanted to ask you is there a condition which is mentioned that the dependents cannot make the first entry before the primary applicant?

What is the 1st ETD for the visa?

Regards,

HP

• 1 month later...
38 minutes ago, Uday C Raj said:

Hi there,

I have submitted my SA state nomination application on 20th March 2019 still waiting for the invite. SA website says it's 5 weeks to process the GSM application. Can any one help with the actual timelines please.

Thanks

Uday

The processing times published on the SA website are accurate. 

7 minutes ago, Uday C Raj said:

Hi JetBlast,

In that case I should be getting the outcome by end of this week. How long did you wait before getting an ITA ?

Thanks

Uday

It should be imminent. There have been some public holidays in South Australia recently so please take this into account.

I am not sure what you mean by ITA?

31 minutes ago, JetBlast said:

It should be imminent. There have been some public holidays in South Australia recently so please take this into account.

40 minutes ago, Uday C Raj said:

Hi JetBlast,

In that case I should be getting the outcome by end of this week. How long did you wait before getting an ITA ?

Thanks

Uday

32 minutes ago, JetBlast said:

On 17/10/2018 at 09:53, Jonno1981 said:

South Australia approved our application today and we’ve received an invitation to apply for the 489!!! 

Exactly 14 weeks to the day since we submitted our state sponsorship application.

Congratulations Jonno !!!