You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Laura_hj

PMV related eVisitor question

Hello all! I have already submitted our PMV application, all docs uploaded and received by dept etc etc. While we wait it out I am aware that I can enter Australia on an eVisitor visa. 

I am visiting my partner again in Melbourne in September. My previous evisitor is still valid until February 2019. Assuming my PMV hasn’t been granted by then... can I enter on this existing one or should I apply for another one? 

On 11 July 2018 at 11:57, Laura_hj said:

Hello all! I have already submitted our PMV application, all docs uploaded and received by dept etc etc. While we wait it out I am aware that I can enter Australia on an eVisitor visa. 

I am visiting my partner again in Melbourne in September. My previous evisitor is still valid until February 2019. Assuming my PMV hasn’t been granted by then... can I enter on this existing one or should I apply for another one? 

Its still valid so no need for a new one.

I'm heading out to visit my fiancé in Oz shortly....my RMA is updating my immi account to state when I am entering the country and when I am leaving to go back to the UK (only a 2 week trip). We had already included the ticket for this trip in our initial application.

My visitor visa then runs out 31 August and I am in limbo about what to do about visa. We were planning for me to go back out again in November after my fiancé's trip back to the UK in Sep/Oct. Advice I've been given is to book flights and then my RMA wants to advise immi that my plans are to travel back out for a trip in November. They seem to think (not sure why) that it's likely we may have heard about the PMV 300 before November so we should hang fire before I reapply for another visitor visa. However, there's then the thought of booking flights and then not having a visa to travel with. Dilemmas!

So....the wait continues!

8 hours ago, Nemesis said:

Its still valid so no need for a new one.

Much appreciated, thank you!

7 hours ago, Noodlejaffa said:

I'm heading out to visit my fiancé in Oz shortly....my RMA is updating my immi account to state when I am entering the country and when I am leaving to go back to the UK (only a 2 week trip). We had already included the ticket for this trip in our initial application.

My visitor visa then runs out 31 August and I am in limbo about what to do about visa. We were planning for me to go back out again in November after my fiancé's trip back to the UK in Sep/Oct. Advice I've been given is to book flights and then my RMA wants to advise immi that my plans are to travel back out for a trip in November. They seem to think (not sure why) that it's likely we may have heard about the PMV 300 before November so we should hang fire before I reapply for another visitor visa. However, there's then the thought of booking flights and then not having a visa to travel with. Dilemmas!

So....the wait continues!

The waiting drives me to the brink of insanity, haha. Hope you hear soon!