PMV related eVisitor question

Laura_hj

Hello all! I have already submitted our PMV application, all docs uploaded and received by dept etc etc. While we wait it out I am aware that I can enter Australia on an eVisitor visa. 

I am visiting my partner again in Melbourne in September. My previous evisitor is still valid until February 2019. Assuming my PMV hasn’t been granted by then... can I enter on this existing one or should I apply for another one? 

On 11 July 2018 at 11:57, Laura_hj said:

Hello all! I have already submitted our PMV application, all docs uploaded and received by dept etc etc. While we wait it out I am aware that I can enter Australia on an eVisitor visa. 

I am visiting my partner again in Melbourne in September. My previous evisitor is still valid until February 2019. Assuming my PMV hasn’t been granted by then... can I enter on this existing one or should I apply for another one? 

Its still valid so no need for a new one.

• Thanks 1

I'm heading out to visit my fiancé in Oz shortly....my RMA is updating my immi account to state when I am entering the country and when I am leaving to go back to the UK (only a 2 week trip). We had already included the ticket for this trip in our initial application.

My visitor visa then runs out 31 August and I am in limbo about what to do about visa. We were planning for me to go back out again in November after my fiancé's trip back to the UK in Sep/Oct. Advice I've been given is to book flights and then my RMA wants to advise immi that my plans are to travel back out for a trip in November. They seem to think (not sure why) that it's likely we may have heard about the PMV 300 before November so we should hang fire before I reapply for another visitor visa. However, there's then the thought of booking flights and then not having a visa to travel with. Dilemmas!

So....the wait continues!

7 hours ago, Noodlejaffa said:

I'm heading out to visit my fiancé in Oz shortly....my RMA is updating my immi account to state when I am entering the country and when I am leaving to go back to the UK (only a 2 week trip). We had already included the ticket for this trip in our initial application.

My visitor visa then runs out 31 August and I am in limbo about what to do about visa. We were planning for me to go back out again in November after my fiancé's trip back to the UK in Sep/Oct. Advice I've been given is to book flights and then my RMA wants to advise immi that my plans are to travel back out for a trip in November. They seem to think (not sure why) that it's likely we may have heard about the PMV 300 before November so we should hang fire before I reapply for another visitor visa. However, there's then the thought of booking flights and then not having a visa to travel with. Dilemmas!

So....the wait continues!

The waiting drives me to the brink of insanity, haha. Hope you hear soon! 

• 3 weeks later...

feel your pain!! In a slightly similar situation

I'm thinking "worst case scenario" all the time!  

So I lodged in May and I'm planning on going over in November for the 3 months I'm allowed to go for on my current 651 visitor visa.  I had planned to come back to the UK for about a month or so in Feb 2019, but then my 651 visa expires in March (Date for Last entry is march 2019).  So presuming my PMV isnt granted by then, do I just renew my 651 visitor visa?

Oh.... hands up who's fed up of the world and his wife asking for specific dates which you cant give lol?!

5 hours ago, CEP said:

feel your pain!! In a slightly similar situation

I'm thinking "worst case scenario" all the time!  

So I lodged in May and I'm planning on going over in November for the 3 months I'm allowed to go for on my current 651 visitor visa.  I had planned to come back to the UK for about a month or so in Feb 2019, but then my 651 visa expires in March (Date for Last entry is march 2019).  So presuming my PMV isnt granted by then, do I just renew my 651 visitor visa?

Oh.... hands up who's fed up of the world and his wife asking for specific dates which you cant give lol?!

Yes as far as I’m aware you can just apply for a new one! That is my plan too, jet back to the UK after three months in Oz from December then apply for a new eVisitor, all depending on PMV situation.

I hear you - all the arranging while you still have to consider visa timeline is driving us nuts. I work in Shanghai but my visa expires there in February, so we have a short window of desireable time to juggle with? 

10 minutes ago, CEP said:

My partner is in Perth but it’s likely we’ll move over east. We went to Melbourne when I was over in April ?

Oh nice! I have yet to visit Perth (bar the airport)! My fiancé was originally in Adelaide, but has relocated to Melbourne and I love it!

1 hour ago, Laura_hj said:

Oh nice! I have yet to visit Perth (bar the airport)! My fiancé was originally in Adelaide, but has relocated to Melbourne and I love it!

I think my favourite has been Sydney so far... but that was my first visit! My partner is originally from Sydney so has a bit of a soft spot for that part lol!

33 minutes ago, CEP said:

I think my favourite has been Sydney so far... but that was my first visit! My partner is originally from Sydney so has a bit of a soft spot for that part lol!

I don’t blame you, I love Sydney! Maybe you will end up there? Ironically, my partner is originally from China and emigrated to Australia. I currently live in China, trying to get into Australia. All adds to the story I guess ?