Sunshine Coast or Brisbane??

RebeccaKC

Hi everyone,

My husband and I have been considering a move from Sydney to the Sunshine Coast for over a year now. We visited in February and loved the area, particularly Buderim/Mountain Creek but my husband has recently suggested we should consider North Brisbane (The Gap/Eaton’s Hill) too but it’s going to be very difficult for us to get up to take a look with baby and dogs. We are nurses so work isn’t an issue in either place though we would have a few more options in Brisbane.

We are looking for a quiet leafy suburb that’s family friendly and safe with good schools and have a budget of 700k for a 4 bed house with a decent garden. 

We spend our free time as a family going for lunch or just visiting new places and enjoy good food but aren’t party animals so being near the CBD/bars isn’t necessary. We would like to make friends with other people with families (in Sydney we don’t even know our neighbours) and have that sense of community. 

Does anyone have any experience of both the Sunny and Brisbane who can offer some advice?

I do worry about all the development in the Sunshine Coast being too much for the area and don’t want to buy on a nice quiet street to be surrounded by development in 5 years. 

Thanks 

We haven't lived in Brisbane but we do visit occasionally. I love living on the Sunshine Coast. We've been here a year and a half after spending a couple of months in Mango Hill, which was great for what we needed at the time (lots of shops to choose from to buy all the household goods we left behind in the UK). Things are just a bit more laid back up here. We have the choice of beaches or mountains 15 minutes in either direction. And if we want to go to the 'big smoke' we can pop down to Brisvegas which only takes 1.5 hours. For us, it's a no brainer. 

• Thanks 1

I live just below the Sunshine Coast and love it around here.  I love the fact that we can get to Brisbane quickly by car or train, and that the Sunshine Coast is just up the road.  Also love that we have all amenities nearby, as well as decent beaches.

The best part of it all for me, though, is the laid back vibe.  I'm just not a city girl, and prefer a quieter life with less concrete and the houses less squished together.

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi @RebeccaKC unfortunately no where is free from developers unless you purchase acreage which is what we did. I am currently sat in Greenslopes Hospital with a view over Greenslopes and the City, it’s lovely and green. I do love the Sunshine Coast though.

• 4 weeks later...

I live in the Sunshine Coast with partner and kids. We are both nurses also. We love it. It has the best of both worlds with lots of options. Although work can be difficult to get, as nurses we are quite fortunate as there are many options. Feel free to ask anything re work. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...